Best place to sell used phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jax112

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Since we upgraded I have three phones that I have lying around. I'm looking for a place to sell them any ideas?

Posted via the Android Central App

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I prefer trade in as u don't like to deal with selling privately. The carrier usually will have a trade-in program.

Of course selling privately from eBay or cl would net more money.

RicKaysen

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I've always found selling on Craigslist to be pretty painless. Maybe it's because I live in NYC and there's a Starbucks every twenty feet in which to meet up. When the carrier will only cough up $100 and I can sell the same phone for three times that on CL for no fee, it's a no brainer imho.

Jax112

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the information trying to sell it in a small town that I live in sucks dealing with morons and kids. Ill try Swappa......

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Swappa is great - only a 10 buck fee to sell. You can opt to have your listing at the top of the page (Featured) for an extra five. They check all the IMEI numbers so all devices are checked to ensure they aren't blacklisted. Take quality photos and provide as much info on the device your selling as possible.

anon(5061193)

Banned
Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Just listed my first phone on Swappa and it sold in 2 days.. customer paid right away and I shipped it off.. What a great and easy service.. Just listed another phone!! This is awesome

boogas8

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Just listed my first phone on Swappa and it sold in 2 days.. customer paid right away and I shipped it off.. What a great and easy service.. Just listed another phone!! This is awesome
That awesome. It's a great place to sell phones online and still get a fair price.

Sent from my LG G4 via The Uncarrier

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I use swappa all the time. I net more money than eBay and don't have the headaches (in my experience) of Craigslist.

Sent from my LG G4

Jax112

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
How does Swappa work I've already registered do you send your phone in or do they get a buyer then you send your phone. I only ask because I have someone locally who may purchase it but I must wait a couple of days.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
How does Swappa work I've already registered do you send your phone in or do they get a buyer then you send your phone. I only ask because I have someone locally who may purchase it but I must wait a couple of days.

It works similar to eBay. Swappa is just the middle man. You post the phone, then buyers will either pay full price or make you an offer. Once agreed to then you will ship the phone to the buyer

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Bought and sold many many a phone on Swappa. Highly recommend it over Ebay. The users on it are not, as of yet, scammers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance