Dark Brown Leather Back!

rdt595

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I have had some success dying leather items in the past so my curiosity got the best of me and I decided to try one of these leather backs. This was originally the t-mobile brown color. Pleasantly surprised with the results. Gonna get some more leather backs and experiment further.

DSC_2703{Q}.jpgDSC_2706{Q}.jpgDSC_2708{Q}.jpg{Q}20150714_204939.jpg

mnamie10

Jul 1, 2015
Visit site

Aflaaaak

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
I have had some success dying leather items in the past so my curiosity got the best of me and I decided to try one of these leather backs. This was originally the t-mobile brown color. Pleasantly surprised with the results. Gonna get some more leather backs and experiment further.

View attachment 187396View attachment 187397View attachment 187398View attachment 187399

Surprised the leather wasn't sealed and took dye so well. Looks factory...nice job, and great color! You should take orders ;).

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site

rdt595

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Surprised the leather wasn't sealed and took dye so well. Looks factory...nice job, and great color! You should take orders ;).

Yeah it was sealed somewhat have to use acetone to remove it and open up the pores of the leather.

Posted with LG G4 via the Android Central App

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Very nice work. :)

I believe that urine was once used to give richer colours when dyeing leather, but - and this is only a wild guess - I imagine you may have decided to omit that step.

Posted via the Android Central App

rdt595

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Very nice work. :)

I believe that urine was once used to give richer colours when dyeing leather, but - and this is only a wild guess - I imagine you may have decided to omit that step.

Posted via the Android Central App

Haha may have to try that! 😊

rdt595

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Nice work! I may be in the market for some extra leather backs now...

Can you share what product/color in particular you used?

Thanks.... I used Angelus brown leather dye. Got it from the local shoe repair store or you can get it from their website.

richs10

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
That is a GREAT idea! I just ordered the "orange" leather back as part of the free battery/leather promo. My brother is a leather craftsman with his own saddle and bridle shop, so I'm definitely hitting him up after I get the 'Oompa-Loompa' cover. I may wind up with a black one after all!

I would have never thought to do this. Big Thanks to the OP!
Rich

rdt595

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
That is a GREAT idea! I just ordered the "orange" leather back as part of the free battery/leather promo. My brother is a leather craftsman with his own saddle and bridle shop, so I'm definitely hitting him up after I get the 'Oompa-Loompa' cover. I may wind up with a black one after all!

I would have never thought to do this. Big Thanks to the OP!
Rich

If anybody does this for a living they know how fairly easy this is to do. The only question was if the leather was porous enough to take the dye. There are tutorials on YouTube on how to dye leather also.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol