LG G4 no 4G LTE Data Verizon

Schnitzer21

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Hello all, having an issue that started last night. My G4 no longer connects to Verizon's LTE network. I have power cycled it multiple times, went in and out of airplane mode, and nothing seems to help. It will just sit in 3G. Correct me if I am wrong is the antenna in the back panel of the phone and connects via 2 pogo pins? I removed the back cover and powered it up and it acts the same. Makes me think if that if the antenna is in the back panel that my pogo pins aren't contacting correctly. Any thoughts? Thanks!

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Hello all, having an issue that started last night. My G4 no longer connects to Verizon's LTE network. I have power cycled it multiple times, went in and out of airplane mode, and nothing seems to help. It will just sit in 3G. Correct me if I am wrong is the antenna in the back panel of the phone and connects via 2 pogo pins? I removed the back cover and powered it up and it acts the same. Makes me think if that if the antenna is in the back panel that my pogo pins aren't contacting correctly. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Ya, take it to Verizon and have them fix/replace it. Don't be working on it yourself otherwise you'll void the warranty.

As for software, go to the settings and tap on mobile data. Then top right menu and tap on mobile networks and make sure it's set to LTE/CDMA.

If it is and it's still not getting a LTE signal, and you're in an area that you know is LTE, then your only other option is to try a FDR. Just keep in mind that the reset will wipe everything out, so back up your photos and be prepared to reinstall everything.

RedOctobyr

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site
You can also leave mobile networks set to Global, which is Verizon's default. I set mine to LTE/CDMA.

The antenna is not in the removable back cover, so far as I know. That cover antenna is the NFC antenna, not a cell radio antenna.

Last edited:

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Correct. The back is for nfc.

I would contact Verizon for a sim.

If that doesn't work contact Verizon technical support, they will make you do a factory data reset and then most likely send you a replacement

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
So would this in any way jeopardize my unlimited data plan contacting Verizon about a new SIM card?

No. I have unlimited and get SIMs all the time. You're fine with doing anything other than upgrading a phone. You can even walk in the store and pay full price, just don't let them give you an upgrade. I'm assuming you didn't purchase it from Verizon. In that case, they might not warranty it, or might make you go directly to LG. I bought a G2 off contract from a user a few years ago. VZW asked that I work with LG when I had problems. LG honored the warranty just fine, even though I wasn't the original purchaser.

fonger13

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Bought the phone via the Best Buy method to keep unlimited data.

You should be fine with getting a new sim card, I used best buy method to keep my unlimited, something happen to the sim when i went to switch it between phones, i was randomly kick off of Verizon network, took some screen captures of when it happen, brought it into the store and showed it to them, they gave me a new sim for free.

Schnitzer21

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
So just as a follow up, I did a factory data reset and I still don't think the phone is acting correctly. For instance when I go to make a call, I have full 4G signal, soon as I press send to make the call the phone drops down to 1x. Then soon as I hang up it goes back to full service of 4G. Never noticed this before, is it normal?

RedOctobyr

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site
That part is normal. You need to activate Advanced Calling, to be able to use voice and data at the same time. This will only work on 4G, not 3G.

Go to Settings, Advanced Calling, and Activate it. It's free. Then you'll have to reboot and go back in, and enable it ("HD Voice").

Bosgarage57

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I think that's normal, mine does the same. I think need to turn on advanced calling although I haven't been able to

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

RedOctobyr

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site
For anyone enabling Advanced Calling, especially if using software version VS98610B, could you let us know how it goes?

On my first G4, it enabled easily.

On my second, Verizon's tech support needed about a day and a half before I could get it to actually activate properly, and enable it. It would just keep going in a loop, I'd Activate it, reboot to finish the process, and go back in to Enable it. But then it would say I need to Activate it (which I just did). I'd do that again, and it would say it's already Active, and tell me to reboot to Enable it. And so on and so on, never actually working.

Now on my third G4, and after a few days, tech support still has not been able to get it to activate and enable on this one. They are still trying, but are not currently sure what the problem is.

Etta Hasnogoats

Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
I lost all of my data on my Verizon Smartphone. I went to Verizon store for help. The person that looked at my phone said "sorry, but it's gone, and there is no way to get the data back. This is actually the 2nd time the Verizon store said they could not help me (my phone was lost). I am by no means a geek, but I was able to recover my data on my own. I also discovered Google Android Manager to find my lost phone when it was lost. Verizon, I am 66 years old, and I seem to always be fixing problems that I am told there is no answer for. Perhaps I should come out of retirement, and get a job at your store!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member