G4 Owners with Leather Back beware!

JAG21979

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
I have the brown leather back on my G4 and I was sitting out back with my family and we had a fire going. There was a significant amount of smoke in the air and I had my phone outside with me and needless to say, it now smells like firewood smoke. I'm looking at options to get rid of the smokey smell without having to replace the back cover. Please be careful that the same doesn't happen to you if camping or enjoying a fire. If you have any suggestions as to how to remove the smell please let me know. Cheers!

Posted via the Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Yep this can happen. I have a case (Spigen) that is rubberish and I always take my case off before going into the pool hall -- This way it doesn't come out smelling like an ash tray.

manusbaldspot

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
Had that issue with the leather band on my Moto 360.

Used some febreeze. Let it sit in from out a fan all day. Repeated. Then that was it. No more smoke.

Posted via the Android Central App

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Just give it a couple days and it will air out. Happens to my watch band when I'm smoking cigars in a cigar shop. But it doesn't bother me.

lostchild

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Think on the good side... now if you ever get stuck on an island, you could eat your smoked favored back cover jerky to survive! ;)

psf57

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I use Nu-Vinyl on mine. Keeps it kind of soft and cleans dirt, etc. Love that stuff. It is for Leather along with Vinyl.

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Is it so bad to have the leather smell like campfire smoke for a few days (or weeks)? When you'r near a fire all porous materials will absorb some smoke.

But thanks for the heads up.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Is it so bad to have the leather smell like campfire smoke for a few days (or weeks)? When you'r near a fire all porous materials will absorb some smoke.

But thanks for the heads up.

I would say yes. I could not stand my phone to smell like smoke -- that would drive me insane lol.

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I kind of like the smell of campfire :-\......I also like the smell of gasoline so I may be weird, lol!

I'm right there with you for the two of those smells, plus skunk scent while driving. My family cringes when I slow and roll the windows down when the odor enters through the vents. 😉

GibMcFragger

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Wait, people believe LG use real leather?

Seriously though, who did LG think they were going to fool with the plastic leather look. It is worse than the plastic Samsung used on Note 3 and way worse than the plastic on the Note 4
Um...It's leather. It's glued directly to plastic (with no padding behind it), which is why it isn't plush and doesn't FEEL like a leather couch, but it IS leather.

Smell it.....

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon