Glass screen protector or regular screen protector???

mach1man

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Ok so I'm debating on a glass screen protector vs a regular screen protector.. I've heard that some glass protectors (verizon) have touchscreen lag issues.. can anyone help?? Also a little bit of info I have the leather version so I don't really run a case on it for protection

Last edited:

Cwey55

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
I haven't noticed any touch lag on my Verizon model that weren't there before putting on the glass protector, if that's any help.

Posted via the Android Central App

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I have had tons of missed taps and lag with and without my glass protector on. AT&T model, so no difference for me. Also, I will ALWAYS go with glass screen protectors. Once I dropped it straight onto a metal pipe from about four feet and only the screen protector cracked, I was sold a million times over. And I've never had any issues with them before.

Cwey55

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Yeah the screen responsiveness issues are there even without a screen protector so you might as well go with the glass.

gavo360

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I put a glass protector on yesterday, first time I've ever used one and can't say I've noticed any difference in response.

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Get a glass screen protector, you'll be glad you did the first time you crack it instead of your screen.

Posted from my Samsung S6 Active

lostchild

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I read some reviews that because (unlike the G3) the G4 screen is slightly curved, some glass screen protectors would start to detach at the corners. You probably will need to get one that made for the G4 not the one that listed both G3 and G4 if you are getting a glass one.

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I can attest to the $18 glass one from VZW has touch lag issues. (At least it does for me) I bought it last night and have been frustratingly dealing with it today. If I hadn't paid $18 for it, it would have already been removed.

GTkitty

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
Glass protector is better.. I've dropped my phones with em and it always protects my screen. And it feels like the real screen not like screen protectors take away the real feel

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

RobIgnatowicz

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
I've used a Defender Series cases by Otter Box and the overlay screen cover didn't really effect touch screen performance. I would recommend that case for sure (just make sure you have a super clean screen before encasing the G4).

Rob Ignatowicz
Sprint Product Ambassador

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke