dbrand skins: good to go?

Cwey55

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
I've never been much of a case guy, but I also want to protect my (white) G4 from scratches and such. I've already gotten my hands on two cases for it. A white Incipio dualpro and a Spigen Neo Hybrid inthe gunmetal trim. I like them both but to me the added size just doesn't feel as good in the hand as the phone without a case.

So I've been interested in the skins as a compromise.

Can those of you who use them give me the lowdown on how they look, feel, and how durable they are? Obviously I'm not expecting huge levels of drop protection. I baby my phone, I just want to protect the plastic back from every day wear and tear.

Bonus points for pics. 😉

Posted via the Android Central App

legin111

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
I've used them on other phones with much success... But haven't tried it on the G4. I think the phones looks to nice with just the leather back. I did however get the black leather accessories kit to cover up the camera lens in case of a drop and it works great so far

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I have the white G4 as well. My dbrand leather back is on it's way. I've never used a skin before so I'll see how it goes. I have a Diztronic case on right now that is nice and thin but I wanted to give the skins a try.

Sent from my LG G4

Cwey55

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
I have the white G4 as well. My dbrand leather back is on it's way. I've never used a skin before so I'll see how it goes. I have a Diztronic case on right now that is nice and thin but I wanted to give the skins a try.

Sent from my LG G4

Do please leave a thumbs up or down once you get it on there! Also skeptical about how easy they are to put on.

Jax112

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Got black carbon fiber. Looks bad [language removed by mod] easy install

Last edited by a moderator:

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I've never tried them but have heard a lot about them. Is there anything special about them? Serious question.. I just don't get it I guess haha :p.

jrodjrxbox

Jan 19, 2010
Visit site
I have the accents on my phone and i love them i removed a couple time to get them just right and they were still nice and sticky have not come off at all 😄

Cwey55

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Bringing my thread back from the dead. Have another question before I pull the trigger.

Once you put these on does the removable back cover still have full function? Removing the back won't eventually mess up the skin at all will it?

Basically how well do these play with swapping batteries is my question.

rdt595

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Bringing my thread back from the dead. Have another question before I pull the trigger.

Once you put these on does the removable back cover still have full function? Removing the back won't eventually mess up the skin at all will it?

I have slickwraps skin on the edge and it does not interfere with removal of the back cover.

Posted with LG G4 via the Android Central App

Jax112

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site

Works great no complaints