I can't take consistent screen shots on my G4, what can I do?

NicoPengin

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
I've been pressing the button combination the right way but it doesn't always work. I use quickmemo, but when I want to screenshot something like on snapchat, that's just not possible. I emptied out the cache, but I don't think that has to do with the buttons.. What can I do?

RedOctobyr

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site
You're pressing both Pwr + Vol Down at the same time, right? Then holding until the screenshot happens?

The only time it hasn't worked for me is when I accidentally press one before the other. Beyond that, I'm afraid I don't have any suggestions, sorry.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Yep, has to be both at the exact same time. If you are sure you are doing this then maybe something is wrong with your device since you also just posted about LED not working.

Jax112

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I will admit it is kinda difficult but keep trying and you Will get it down

Posted via the Android Central App

lostchild

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I found it difficult to be consistent too. But at least on the G4 it is easy to try again. With my old phone it is the Home and Power button combo. If I press the home button just a little early it went back to the home page.

Boston Powers

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site
I've been pressing the button combination the right way but it doesn't always work. I use quickmemo, but when I want to screenshot something like on snapchat, that's just not possible. I emptied out the cache, but I don't think that has to do with the buttons.. What can I do?

I found it a little wanky too until I purposely pressed the power button then very quickly let my finger hit the volume down (and then hold until click).

If you hit the volume slightly ahead of the power, it either does nothing or tries to adjust the sound.