Missing bluetooth tether option?

mge1201

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
I don't see Bluetooth tether under the Tethering menu, only Mobile Hotspot (via Wifi). So is BT tether not available? I have the T-Mobile version.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Hm that is odd. I'd be shocked if they took it out.

I have the International model and if I go under settings, tethering, and all the options are there (see below). What do you see?

Attachments

• 1437799810140.jpg
    1437799810140.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 26

mge1201

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Bluetooth only shows the devices I've paired. No tethering options here.
So weird. I realized I was missing the feature because I used it on my Moto E and thought I'd check if the G4 also offered it. Lo and behold... :[

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Dang that is odd. I will see if my buddy with the T-Mobile version has the same thing or if he can find it.

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Try PDANet. It supports USB, Bluetooth, and (with a FoxFi plugin) WI-Fi. Personally, I use the USB option. Believe it or not, I scored 20mbs on Ookla over USB. I have NOT tried the the WiFi or the Bluetooth, but as I recall PDANet has a free trial version, so it would definitely be worth the effort to try it out. It does require both an android install, and client install. Google it for additional details.

sswitzer

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
Try PDANet. It supports USB, Bluetooth, and (with a FoxFi plugin) WI-Fi. Personally, I use the USB option. Believe it or not, I scored 20mbs on Ookla over USB. I have NOT tried the the WiFi or the Bluetooth, but as I recall PDANet has a free trial version, so it would definitely be worth the effort to try it out. It does require both an android install, and client install. Google it for additional details.

It took a while to get it working, but I use that same combo successfully.

swilson1979

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site
I have a samsung galaxy s6 with metro pcs and ran into the same problem and can honestly say PDAnet is the ONLY thing that fixed it. worked fantastic for me

Warren Mandel

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
i have an ATT samsung S7 and there is no bluetooth tethering option. i called samsung and they said it doesnt come with it. so what is the real story? If i get the phone unlocked will i get the tethering feature back? someone with knowledge please let me know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX