Carrying naked G4 in a spring clip holster (not pouch) -- can it be done?

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I have two criteria when buying a smart phone: Specifications, and appearance. They are equally important to me. That means I don't like to hide my phone in a case. I always carry naked, even if that means hiding it in a belt pouch until ready to use. At least under those circumstances I can see the phone I agonizingly selected based partially on appearance when I'm using it. BUT, my preference is to use a belt clip that shows the phone during carry. Seido made such a device for my prior phone (Turbo): the Spring Clip Holster (SEIDIO | Spring-Clip Holster for Motorola Droid Turbo). Unfortunately, they do not make that for the G4. All of their holsters, come with or are made for a co-designed case.

I've searched high and low, and this seems to be the case (pardon the pun) everywhere. There are many clip holsters made to work in harmony with a case that separately attaches to the phone. That's not what I'm after though. However, it occurs to me, that there has to be a spring clip holster designed to work with a phone in case, that would fit the naked G4; by happenstance if not by design.

My question to the community is this: Anyone know of a spring clip holster that will accommodate the LG G4 by design or otherwise? For those of you carrying a spring clip holster WITH a case on your G4, would you mind removing your G4 from the case, to see if it still fits securely in the holster? I would definitely buy such a combo, and just ditch the case so long as the naked G4 fits to holster.

Sorry that one of my first posts in the in G4 forum is asking for help (I try to be on the giving side of the community), but so far, this one has me stumped.

Lastly: miss my Turbo, but love my G4 (caveats will definitely appear in later posts!!!)

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Well, this is embarrassing to have to bump, especially after over 650 people have viewed the original post.

But PLEASE. There has to be an clip holster that will accommodate my naked G4. Even if it means buying a case/clip combo and not using the case. I'm actually presently using the Seidio Surface Holster which is made for a Turbo with a case. It's perfectly wide enough because it's made for a Turbo with a Seidio case, but it's barely long enough. It's long enough that if I use both hands I can get it in there and it's secure; but not long enough that I can one-handledly just slap in the holster. Obviously that's my goal.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Well, this is embarrassing to have to bump, especially after over 650 people have viewed the original post.

But PLEASE. There has to be an clip holster that will accommodate my naked G4. Even if it means buying a case/clip combo and not using the case. I'm actually presently using the Seidio Surface Holster which is made for a Turbo with a case. It's perfectly wide enough because it's made for a Turbo with a Seidio case, but it's barely long enough. It's long enough that if I use both hands I can get it in there and it's secure; but not long enough that I can one-handledly just slap in the holster. Obviously that's my goal.

This looks like it would possibly work even without using the case.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...219669731932%26skuId%3D7074017&token=ZsQ2F9E_

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Seidio is a little slow. However, they made a spring clip for the G3, so I see no reason why they won't make one for the G4. I say email Seidio and see how they respond.

fgcchevy

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site

My brother does not use a case on his phone and he uses the Holster from the lg g3.

Here is the link

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...219260610755%26skuId%3D7251018&token=yac4dRe5

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
My brother does not use a case on his phone and he uses the Holster from the lg g3.

Here is the link

Platinum Holster Case for LG G3 Cell Phones Black PT-LGG3HK2B - Best Buy
Winner winner: chicken dinner.

This was the ticket indeed. The other suggestions may have worked as well, but I went with suggestion that already had a person using it, and darn right, it's perfect -- as if it were made for this purpose. It was even on sale for about $3 off at Best Buy. It took me a while to get it because I had reward points pending, and I'm a cheap SOB. Funny thing is that it was on back order for an additional week after I finally ordered it. Doh! Arrived tonight, and I'm very happy with it. A sincere "thank you" to everyone who took the time to post their considered suggestions.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca