camera lens scratches

Ron Copsetta

Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
I always keep a case on my lg g4 and my camera lens has all kinds of scratches on it I'm wondering what kind of glass they used for the g4 camera lens or is this an issue like the HTC One m8 had where you could rub it off

Posted via the Android Central App

DeucesSammy

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
It's probably just a tempered glass, my GF's has a big scratch down the middle, she has the Qi Circle case and the lens is slightly protruded, I've seen the buttons and lens unit for $30 on eBay. For the worst case scenario, just buy a new part and replace it over the camera sensor, appears to be easy enough to do.

DeucesSammy

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
No problem man, even in my Otterbox Defender my lens has some very light scuffs and it is well recessed into the case. Actually that is one of my biggest (and basically only) gripes about the G4. I'm not a big fan of Gorilla Glass, but it's better than what LG used for the lens cover for the G4.

missouriexile

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I am using a Qmadix case that Verizon provided. Lens etc are recessed. No scratches so far.
This camera is so good that scratches are not acceptable (IMHO).

legin111

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
Guys try the dbrand accessories kit... They have a lens cover and it works great. They even have them in leather colors so it's works and looks very well with the G4

legin111

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
Here's a quick pic... You can also get the volume up and down accessory too

Attachments

• 1438012533269.jpg
    1438012533269.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 42

falc39

May 29, 2015
Visit site
It would be really good if a company made a case that completely covers the camera, like a camera door. So when you want to use the camera, you just slide it open, but for all other situations, it is completely covered.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

ragmopp01

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I went to the dbrand website, and can't figure out how to order just the accessory's for the camera. Or do you just order the back skin and the camera cover is included?

legin111

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
I went to the dbrand website, and can't figure out how to order just the accessory's for the camera. Or do you just order the back skin and the camera cover is included?

Once you pick on the G4 you'll see 3 headers above the phone, Back... Accents... And front. Just choose the accents. Once there a side bar will come out asking color, texture... Etc. Then just add that kit. That kit comes with the up down volume and the lens cover together

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
It would be really good if a company made a case that completely covers the camera, like a camera door. So when you want to use the camera, you just slide it open, but for all other situations, it is completely covered.

It would. I was handling an old phone the other day, with a neat built-in sliding cover for the camera. You'd think it was the most obvious thing in the world that lenses need protection, but on modern phones, the manufacturers seem to think not. The scratches and fingerprints that we get as a result suggest that they may be wrong.

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Guys try the dbrand accessories kit... They have a lens cover and it works great. They even have them in leather colors so it's works and looks very well with the G4
Good call. The cost is only $1, and while the $3 shipping miffed me at first, I realized I was expecting the Accents Kit alone to cost $5, so I got un-miffed pretty quickly. $4 out the door isn't bad and since it's not part of the cover, the black leather should make a nice contrasting accent to the Burgundy Red leather cover I have on the way from the recent promotion. Thanks for the suggestion, and also, the photo.

Ron Copsetta

Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
I have the one m9 also and not a single scratch on its beautiful Safire lens. You would have thought the LG would have used sapphire with their awesome camera instead HTC flops on their camera but uses sapphire glass what a horrible spot to cut costs

cleankutazn

May 19, 2013
Visit site

Should be built into the phone. I loved this phone NOKIA_N82_Black_01.jpg

falc39

May 29, 2015
Visit site
Should be built into the phone. I loved this phone View attachment 188982

I always envied the camera hardware in Nokia phones. If only they could be more android friendly.

Crossing my fingers that at least one case manufacturer can make something similar on a G4 case. Searched yesterday and not a single one has it... It shouldn't be that hard or expensive either

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty