Selfie camera brightness?

WynWins

May 11, 2013
Visit site
So I noticed that in the Best Buy store I work in we have a display model of the G4 and the brightness of the selfie camera is quite a bit brighter than mine. Anyone know of a way to change my camera's brightness to match it?

Boston Powers

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site
So I noticed that in the Best Buy store I work in we have a display model of the G4 and the brightness of the selfie camera is quite a bit brighter than mine. Anyone know of a way to change my camera's brightness to match it?

The selfie light is a direct result of the screen brightness. If you are a shut-in and keep your screen dimmed to 2%, don't expect a blast of light on a selfie.

Also, unless you bypass the auto dimming/throttling, with LUX, you will get whatever the phone dictates to you.

WynWins

May 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm inside of a well lighted store and taking a selfie from the exact sent angle in the exact same position. Yet the brightness on the demo phone we have is clearly much brighter than my personal phone. There's no way to actually adjust it?

Boston Powers

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site
I'm inside of a well lighted store and taking a selfie from the exact sent angle in the exact same position. Yet the brightness on the demo phone we have is clearly much brighter than my personal phone. There's no way to actually adjust it?

What is the brightness percentage on the demo versus yours and has yours already throttled due to being too hot?

Boston Powers

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site
When it throttles does it do so permanently? They're both turned up to 100% brightness.

They can both be reading 100% brightness while just one of the two has suffered LG's Thermal Mitigation Throttling.

To find out, keep both at 100% and send both phones the the exact same webpage with lots of white (like Google). If the demo is brighter, you'll have the answer.

If one is throttled, it will come back to normal once LG's software decides to stop hiding the poor battery life (when it cools down) due to over heating.

Boston Powers

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site
It seems like that's it. Is there any known fix for it?

Install LUX Lite and set it to manual then jack it up to 100%

You will see your brightness slider go up and down during throttle but your bypass will trick the screen into remaining at 100%

Let me know if you need settings help on LUX.

WynWins

May 11, 2013
Visit site
I downloaded and installed it and even with the app running my phone at the true 100% setting there still a difference between the two. Are we allowed to post pictures of ourselves here? If so I'll post them both.

Edit: I finally got it to work! Thanks for sharing that app!

Boston Powers

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site
I downloaded and installed it and even with the app running my phone at the true 100% setting there still a difference between the two. Are we allowed to post pictures of ourselves here? If so I'll post them both.

I don't know about picture rules but are you sure your LUX is in power? Have you rebooted? The settings are all done? They are a little tricky, thats why I ask.

Try to heat up your demo phone with video capture while you reboot your phone

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance