LG G4 vs Nexus 6 - Longevity??

mattdamiz85

May 15, 2011
Visit site
According to FedEx my replacement part to fix the camera lens on my G4 has arrived at my home. Once I do the repair this evening after work I have a decision to make. I currently have 2 devices, the G4 and the Nexus 6. I want to slim down to one device and I need it to last me at least 2 years. Me and my wife are planning for a child and I am funneling all extra cash into savings for the baby. Any advice or opinion as to which phone will hold out better? I love them both for different reasons but one has got to go.

Posted via the Android Central App

worldspy99

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
My vote would be on the Nexus 6 as it will get updates from Google for a bit longer. Good luck with the repair and the baby!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
My vote would be on the Nexus 6 as it will get updates from Google for a bit longer. Good luck with the repair and the baby!

I would have to agree with this. The updates on the Nexus 6 will help to keep it "Fresh" versus the G4 needing the carriers to update.

wilmah

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site
Yeah- but that Lg Camera whoops the N6's and you're going to want to take lots and lots of pictures of the baby. Enough to fill up an SD card if need be. I have them both and i keep the N6 for back up.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Dang, updates vs camera. The N6 obviously isn't too big for you (I think it would be for me), so it's a really tough call: I abstain. Unless you have a good point and shoot that you always have with you, then the camera exits the equation.

Oofa

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I have the N6 and the G4 also. I think they are both pretty fantastic phones. It all depends on how important instant updates might be to you. I don't really care about timely updates so that doesn't matter to me. I would think that either phone would not have longevity problems. I have been using both for about a month and it seems the G4 is winning the race because of it's size and other features the N6 does not have. You can't beat that G4 camera either, especially with a baby on the way. But again, it depends on how important the camera quality is to you personally.

Aflaaaak

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
Dang, updates vs camera. The N6 obviously isn't too big for you (I think it would be for me), so it's a really tough call: I abstain. Unless you have a good point and shoot that you always have with you, then the camera exits the equation.

I have a great Canon P & S, but got sick of having to remember to grab it, the hassle of carrying it, or quickly taking it out of the bag it's in in a pinch, or simply not having it when the "magic moment" pops up.

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I have a great Canon P & S, but got sick of having to remember to grab it, the hassle of carrying it, or quickly taking it out of the bag it's in in a pinch, or simply not having it when the "magic moment" pops up.
Sounds like me. I have a Canon Elf. Small, and takes extremely good photos. I'm not kidding when I say "small", but not so small that I can carry it with me everywhere. I can't wait for some photo opportunities t=so that I can compare the Canon shots with the G4. It would be nice to no longer need a P&S for vacations.

wilmah

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site
It's just nice to have something that takes great pictures at hand. The N6 takes decent shots but nothing compared to the G4. When looking at my Google photos I notice the quality degrading the further back in time I look at pictures. When my son was a newborn all I had was an iPod touch for pictures and I really regret not having something better. At least I had something though-those moments don't last long.

Aflaaaak

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
Sounds like me. I have a Canon Elf. Small, and takes extremely good photos. I'm not kidding when I say "small", but not so small that I can carry it with me everywhere. I can't wait for some photo opportunities t=so that I can compare the Canon shots with the G4. It would be nice to no longer need a P&S for vacations.

LOL! Same here...I have an ELPH 330. Great little camera, but never could remember to A/B a scene with the G4 wile in Tahoe.
The ELPH taked really decent photos sans flask in "low" light, and a reason I picked the G4.

Aflaaaak

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
It's just nice to have something that takes great pictures at hand. The N6 takes decent shots but nothing compared to the G4. When looking at my Google photos I notice the quality degrading the further back in time I look at pictures. When my son was a newborn all I had was an iPod touch for pictures and I really regret not having something better. At least I had something though-those moments don't last long.

SO true...I still regret buying a crappy camcorder after my son was born...so many videos that could have been a LOT better :-(.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463