Do you prefer the Google camera app or lg`s?

anon(661246)

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Except for going into manual mode I really like that I can swipe and look at all of the photos I have taken with the Google camera app

boogas8

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I don't have a preference, as I don't take a lot of pics. I just use the G4 app.

Sent from my LG G4 via The Uncarrier

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I have just been using the G4's camera too. I haven't really had the need to switch .I don't take a ton of pictures on any phone tho. :)

GibMcFragger

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
G4 app for me. It's all about manual mode. I just leave it in manual all the time. It will act like auto if you don't adjust anything, but then you can manually tweak a setting when you want that perfect pic.

sata

May 2, 2015
Visit site
I don't know about that.

I took two shots of the same thing. Manual and Auto, didnt change settings, maybe just shutter and ISO, cant remember

In Manual the picture was yellowish, as there was yellow light bulb in the room.
In Auto the picture came out more natural, whiter and clearer, as if it tweaked something...

I still don't know how the camera works exactly, not sure which mode to use and when.

GibMcFragger

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I don't know about that.

I took two shots of the same thing. Manual and Auto, didnt change settings, maybe just shutter and ISO, cant remember

In Manual the picture was yellowish, as there was yellow light bulb in the room.
In Auto the picture came out more natural, whiter and clearer, as if it tweaked something...

I still don't know how the camera works exactly, not sure which mode to use and when.

That's funny you should mention that. I just snapped a few indoor shots and got the same results. It's the white balance that's off.

Ok. I change my answer lol.

Anthony_NE

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Except for going into manual mode I really like that I can swipe and look at all of the photos I have taken with the Google camera app

This is one of the only annoyances for me with the LG app. When I tap the preview bubble I want to be able to scroll the gallery, like every other camera app for Android ever, not just view the last shot taken.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I've used a lot of different camera apps... stock ones in LGs, Motos, Sammys, Google Camera, FV-5, Open Camera... you name it. It if is a semi-well known camera app, I've used it. The best one I've come across and used... between features, ease of use, etc... is the LG stock camera. It is extremely easy to use, doesn't bury options in odd places... quick access to stills and videos.. you name it. Plus, you'll get the best picture quality since its designed solely for the camera in the G4.

The GC camera does have its pluses... it is extremely easy to use and the HDR+ mode is outstanding. But if I could somehow port the G4 camera app to my Nexus 6.. I would in a heartbeat.

Garen M

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site
This is one of the only annoyances for me with the LG app. When I tap the preview bubble I want to be able to scroll the gallery, like every other camera app for Android ever, not just view the last shot taken.

My G4 from T-Mobile shows all the pictures taken when u press the buble after taking the shots.

Posted via the Android Central App

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

Are you, by chance, launching from the lock screen? I've seen that when you're coming in there... It's a security thing.