battery setup

tbgjlb

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
I should get my g4 on Monday and just thought what's the best way to optimise the battery on first start up ( complete drain then full charge , repeat x amount of times ) etc etc .

Then as time goes by is there a preferred optimisation . and is it worth getting the quick charge and how does that affect the battery routine. I know I can just buy a new battery later down the line but just wondered best way.

Posted via the Android Central App

RedOctobyr

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site
I would avoid full discharges, based on my experiences with other lithium-based batteries.

Run it down to maybe 40-50%, if you want to cycle it a few times. Lithium batteries don't have a memory effect, but they don't generally like deep discharges. I try to avoid going under 20% if I can avoid it.

Optimization of the battery itself, like during use? None that I know of.

A quick charger can speed things up somewhat. I get about 1600mA from the stock LG charger/cable, and about 1950mA from my Aukey Quick Charge 2.0 charger. About 20% faster.

$10 at Amazon, down from $17, when you use the coupon code DJPX97DU, listed in the "Special Offers" section of the page.
http://www.amazon.com/Qualcomm-Certified-Aukey-Charger-Included/dp/B00QEX83LA/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1438454529&sr=8-4&keywords=Aukey+Quick+Charge+2.0

tbgjlb

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
That's kind of what I've seen somewhere some time ago. Wondered if still relevant. Always a new theory out there somewhere.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney