Waterproof Case?

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I just wanted to know if anyone found any affordable waterproof cases yet?

My bro has one for his iphone, my wife picked one up in Guam for her Nexus 5.. and I'm going to need one for my G4. Well, I wouldn't say "need", but when snorkeling or swimming.. that's just fun right?

First world problems.

krifor03

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I just wrote a post about the lack of G4 kit. There is no affordable waterproof case, because no one has made one for the G4. Forcing us to use those (as you saw) giant universal zip lock bags (sad panda)

Posted via the Android Central App

bigslam123

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Not really. The phone fits perfectly in it. There is no extra room, like the iPhone example they use in the listing. Remember, your phone is quite large.

krifor03

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Not really. The phone fits perfectly in it. There is no extra room, like the iPhone example they use in the listing. Remember, your phone is quite large.

It fits, but not as good as a custom made cases like the ones made for other phones (iPhone, S6, etc)

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
will the touch screen still be available if in the case?
This is very similar to what I had for the Turbo. If the functionality is the same, it works "well enough" when dry, but once you get it under water, the touch screen was unresponsive for me. I was taking video, so I was okay. If I had been taking snap shots, I think it would have been a no go.

lostchild

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Touch screen is not going to work well under water in any case (including the lifeproof ones). I think even the phones that built to be waterproof (like the G6 active or the Sony Z3) do not have a well working touch screen under water because they still have capacitive touch screen. For snapshot, I just use the down volume button.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy