Free HD TV with G4 purchase at Best Buy

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
Went in to the Best Buy Mobile store in my local mall for a G4 yesterday and not only came away with the phone - but with a free LG 24-inch LED HDTV. Had no idea that was a current promo running through Best Buy. Talk about an unexpected bonus.

Broth3rz

Aug 7, 2015
Visit site
DO NOT buy this. I did this and I had no clue we get the TV. The TV blows balls, 720p, useless, and of course that means you get stuck with a bad version of the G4, mine was Verizon. The others apart from H815 and T-Mobile suck. DON'T DO THIS.

RedOctobyr

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site
Unless, of course, you were going to buy a Verizon version anyhow because you have Verizon :) A free TV is more useful than no TV.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
DO NOT buy this. I did this and I had no clue we get the TV. The TV blows balls, 720p, useless, and of course that means you get stuck with a bad version of the G4, mine was Verizon. The others apart from H815 and T-Mobile suck. DON'T DO THIS.

Ok, I'm sorry but I have to comment. Just because you didn't like your Verizon version of the phone is no reason to blast all versions of the G4 except for the H815 and H811. They don't suck. I have the Sprint version and it's practically perfect.

And you don't even have any version of the phone right now so you don't even know how those two you think don't suck are going to work for you.

Just because they have unlocked bootloaders does not make them all great and mighty over the others. Root and unlocked bootloaders are important to less than 1% of people that buy phones.

I don't have any experience with the TV but there is no discernible difference between 720p and 1080p on a 24" TV when actually watching TV programming on it.

Broth3rz

Aug 7, 2015
Visit site
The phone itself is good, so any carrier or version you get is good. Sure. But with the bloat and such the battery drain sucks. This is why I favor the other models.

As for 720p and 1080p, if you don't see a difference, you might wanna do some research, I see it all day long. The TV is clearly out dated and for the most part useless, unless you really don't care for quality I guess.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
The phone itself is good, so any carrier or version you get is good. Sure. But with the bloat and such the battery drain sucks. This is why I favor the other models.

As for 720p and 1080p, if you don't see a difference, you might wanna do some research, I see it all day long. The TV is clearly out dated and for the most part useless, unless you really don't care for quality I guess.

All bloat is now removable with root and most can be disabled with Debloater Tool as I stated in the other thread.

I need to do research huh? Not likely. Whatever year (1999-2002, can't really remember) Mitsubishi came out with their first 16x9 CRT HDTV, I had it and have been researching, buying, and enjoying HDTV's and projectors ever since.

I clearly stated that there is no difference between 720 and 1080 on a 24" TV. Unless of course you are sitting less than a foot away. In fact in a normal viewing environment, most people can't see a difference on a 40" TV.

Sure, I can see a difference on my 120" screen but that's not what I said.

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
Well I love the phone (AT&T) and the TV was free, so not really sure how I lose here. You saying I should pass up a free TV because it only displays 720p? Talk about a first world problem. My brother, still using a small CRT in his workshop, will enjoy this immensely.

Broth3rz

Aug 7, 2015
Visit site
If it's an upgrade then for sure go for it, but my point was more toward how it's mostly not an upgrade to most people since 720p and 1080p been out for years. So people tend to float towards the upgrades, course you have those people who don't care to upgrade. But where technology is, it's quite out dated was my other point.

I was going to use it as a new monitor but it wouldn't work with my 1080p resolution well, since it is only 720p.

Kevin Harvell

May 31, 2012
Visit site
If someone is buying this deal primarily for the TV, I'd question their sanity. I really

It's a free TV and just a bonus for anyone who walked into Best Buy for a G4.

I'm just surprised at how many promotions that LG has been running with the G4 since launch.

Posted via an LG G4

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I'm sorry but I have to comment. Just because you didn't like your Verizon version of the phone is no reason to blast all versions of the G4 except for the H815 and H811. They don't suck. I have the Sprint version and it's practically perfect...
Same here. Sprint version, and it's worked flawlessly since day one.

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site

It's a 24 inch TV. This goes in the kitchen - not your media room. On a 24 inch TV you won't see a difference for the stuff you'll watch on it.

RedOctobyr

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site
Then you can send me yours :)

Honestly, this much unhappiness about a bonus free product? Wow.

Best Buy was giving you a $100 gift card from the first day the G4 came out (start of June), until presumably August 1st. So a different deal was available for quite a while, if this free offer is not to your liking. LG also had their free SD/leather back + battery promotions. Plus TMobile's 128GB SD promotion. So you could get a fair amount of free stuff.

Buy from whatever vendor has the best deal for you, and buy whichever model makes you happy. Or buy a different phone if the G4 is not for you.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
So, people are hating the TV, even if it's FREE?!

It's not for your living room, people. It's for the kitchen or a small bedroom.

Plus, even if it's not a great TV, it's a dang good bonus if I'm buying a phone.

MC_A_DOT

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site

Free is free.

Aflaaaak

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
I would bet the free TV usually sells for more than the $100 rebate they offered before, so only an upside. They're not going to give away a $400 TV!
You got a free TV unexpectedly, with something you were going to buy anyway without it. Don't like the TV? Sell it on Craigslist

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante