Wireless Charging Help

vader1671

Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys,

Just got a Wireless Qi sticker from a china site. However, it doesn't seem to work. I need a bit of help troubleshooting it.

1) Testing this on a Samsung Wireless Charger (the flat disc) and it doesn't work. My wife's Galaxy S6 works perfectly though.
2) NFC on the LG G4 works perfectly though.

Is my sticker screwed and do I need to get another one?

rdt595

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys,

Just got a Wireless Qi sticker from a china site. However, it doesn't seem to work. I need a bit of help troubleshooting it.

1) Testing this on a Samsung Wireless Charger (the flat disc) and it doesn't work. My wife's Galaxy S6 works perfectly though.
2) NFC on the LG G4 works perfectly though.

Is my sticker screwed and do I need to get another one?

I find that the sweet spot is very small and you have to get it in exactly the right spot. Kind of a pain in the a**. I ordered a different charger to see if its any better. Just make sure the contacts are touching. If not you will have to put a piece of tape under it to raise it up.

Posted with LG G4 via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Just put the sticker on the charging plate - the indicator on the plate should show "charging".

If it does, make sure you have the contacts positioned perfectly (assuming it's being used internally and it's made for the LG G4). (Charging ahas nothing to do with NFC.) Once you get it positioned so it works, tape it to the phone (not the battery) so if you open the phone, the sticker stays where it should me.

If the sticker can't draw current from the charging plate (shown by the "charging" indication, it's probably defective and you should ask them for a replacement.

(If it's not for the G4, of course it won't work, even if it draws current from the plate.)

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
First off, what carrier? I've heard that AT&T might have problems.

Chances are the sticker is in the wrong spot. However as said above, if you place the sticker on the charger, your charger light should change to show that it is charging. If not, then you do have a bad sticker.

If you've already stuck the sticker on the back plate, you can try turning the back plate over and placing the sticker directly on the charger. It should work this way to see if the charger light turns whatever color it turns to start charging.