Can't preview ring tones

littlebone

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I distinctly remember setting a separate ring-tone for one of my favorites. But then, out of the blue, her ring tone switched to the default. I was just trying to edit the contact. But when I select a new ring tone, it no longer previews. I can select one, but not have it play right away.

I tried powering the phone off and back on, but still cannot preview the ring tones. I played around with the "compose ringtones" option that makes a ring tone out of the phone number, but that doesn't help because it does it for each phone number for each favorite. So that I would have to memorize more than 10 similar ring tones. But at least I could press the play button and preview the tones. That tells me it is not the default sound playing app that is the issue.

Does anyone know what I messed up to get myself into this bind? Or, how to fix it?

Edit: Darn. In addition to that, the phone does not ring or vibrate when a call comes in. I'm sure that's related, but the sound setting is such that the phone is set to ring, not to be silent.

Edit 2: I went to Sound Settings, where the volume rocker was on full. When I set it to 3/4 full, it verified with my default ring tone. I set it back up to full and after that the preview and actual phone ringing were fixed. I'm not sure what the heck happened. Or what I did to 'fix' it. But let's just call this PEBCAP (problem exists between chair and phone).

Last edited:

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Oh, I've experienced similar oddities on various devices....you're not alone. :)

Posted via the Android Central App