Touch issues improved

JordyRamone6

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys. I would just like to share what I have done to help out with the touch issues that plague this phone. When my S4 started to shut itself off I decided it was time for a new phone. My carrier in Canada didn't have a ton of options. It was basically either the LG G4 or another Samsung. I listened to some reviews and heard nothing but good things about the g4. Lots of sites claiming its the best phone out there. I didn't see any mention that touch problem which now makes me question their credibility. So I decided on the G4. First impressions was really good but I started to notice miss presses. Thought that's not a big deal there's probably a setting to turn up the sensitivity. I googled it and was blown away by how many people were seeing the same thing. Since then I have put many hours and tried many things to fix it. I think I finally found the best for me. The sgs touch screen app didn't do anything. I think ppl think it works but its just a placebo. Disabling the dual screen didn't really work. The weird developer option people talk about didn't work. What I have found to work was using the Google keyboard. It makes a world of difference. Also, switching the launcher to dodol worked too. Now I am finally loving this phone. I hope this advice can help someone and I also hope LG fixes this problem. It's pretty ridiculous that they haven't. Maybe the new OS coming out will fix the problem. I would really like to start using the default launcher and swift key at some point.

rdt595

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Keyboard touchscreen reliability for me:
1. Google
2. Minuum
3.SwiftKey
4. Fleksy
5. LG

Using Buzz launcher.

Posted with LG G4 via the Android Central App

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Keyboard touchscreen reliability for me:
1. Google
2. Minuum
3.SwiftKey
4. Fleksy
5. LG

Using Buzz launcher.

Does the Google keyboard let you configure it so that it can have all the 0-9 numbers always showing? I really like that feature and it's probably the only reason I'm running SwiftKey.

rdt595

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Does the Google keyboard let you configure it so that it can have all the 0-9 numbers always showing? I really like that feature and it's probably the only reason I'm running SwiftKey.

Yeah I like that feature too but unfortunately it doesn't.

RedOctobyr

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site
I'm using the Google Keyboard, and I have 0-9 across the top. I have to long-press on Q to get a 1, etc, but I do have access to them without needing to switch to the numbers screen. Not perfect, but better than nothing.

I do wish I could have more punctuation available the same way, though. That kind of seems like a waste, to me. Lots of letters have no long-press functionality, as far as I can tell.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I use SwiftKey and haven't had a missed touch yet.

Strangely, on the stock LG keyboard, I haven't experienced touch issues too.

The only time I had touch issues is when the phone is lying on a surface. Then, it mistakes swipes for taps. Kinda odd.

sswitzer

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
I use SwiftKey and haven't had a missed touch yet.

Strangely, on the stock LG keyboard, I haven't experienced touch issues too.

The only time I had touch issues is when the phone is lying on a surface. Then, it mistakes swipes for taps. Kinda odd.

I use SwiftKey as well, and found that I had to make the keyboard larger than I had on my old phone. But I don't have missed taps... just sometimes I end up tapping the wrong key more often, and having the keys larger solves the problem.

I tried out Google Keyboard yesterday (after reading through this thread) and although it's very quick, I really miss my SwiftKey predicted word choices. (Does Google Keyboard have such a thing? I couldn't find it. What SwiftKey does is constantly give me 3 words to choose from based on what I'm typing.)

RedOctobyr

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site
I find it most annoying when typing. And I'm using the Google Keyboard, so it hasn't been a fix for me.

Missed letters are really annoying. I find it misses taps. But when I slide around (swyping) it's fine. So typing is more successful if sliding around to the letters.

Really hoping a permanent fix for this is found for everyone. It is becoming more annoying.

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I have the Vewrzion variant of the G4, and I thought folks had said that the OS update we received a while back had fixed the missed touches issue? I never noticed it to a great extent regardless, so I can't really comment personally.

If your G4 hasn't yet had the update, and I'm recalling correctly here, help is likely on the way.

sswitzer

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
GK has word suggestions. I think they are enabled in preferences, text correction, next-word suggestions.

Aha! I figured it out. It just wasn't doing it when I was searching. On normal typing it does do it.

Gotta say... I like this keyboard. It does a great job at fast typing.

RedOctobyr

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, there is something weird there. If typing into calendar entries, got instance, it does not do suggestions. I don't know if other 3rd party keyboards act the same way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol