G4 Volume

Johnston212

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so I am experiencing a serious problem with the volume on my G4. Lately the speaker volume has been dropping a lot. I just tried to test it by playing the Age of Ultron trailer, which is what I was using to test on day one.
The difference is insane. At first, the volume blew me away. I could set it down on the table and hear it clearly. Today, I had to put it to my ear to hear the trailer. I don't know what is causing this, but I can't do a reset until Friday, so I figured that I would ask here.

Posted via the Android Central App

RedOctobyr

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site
My speaker hasn't gotten quieter. Can you try a different media player to see if there is a difference? Any chance something else is messing with your audio volume somehow? If you hit the volume button, then tap on the sliders icon, everything is turned all the way up?

Johnston212

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
My speaker hasn't gotten quieter. Can you try a different media player to see if there is a difference? Any chance something else is messing with your audio volume somehow? If you hit the volume button, then tap on the sliders icon, everything is turned all the way up?

I've tried YouTube, watched videos through chrome and Facebook. I even tried playing music through play music and it's pretty much all the same.

What's weird though is that my volume slider doesn't show the slider icon anymore, which I think was something that happened around the same time. I have to go into settings to find them and they are all maxed out. I might just run a factory reset this weekend.

Johnston212

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
WTF! I just powered it back on and poof, volume again. If nothing else, I'm rooting this weekend

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol