Textra issue

Cwey55

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone else not been able to open Textra from the recent apps listing? I had it happen with Facebook messenger too but I'm more concerned with Textra.

I get a toast message saying could not start Textra and nothing else it drops me back on my home screen.

Is this a G4 issue, a Textra issue, or something I can change?

Posted via the Android Central App

psf57

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Mine is working fine also from recent apps. (That was yesterday morning). Just now tried and it said Couldn't Start Textra. So nope, mine won't start from Recent apps either now. AT&T H810.My Textra is 3.4 version.

Last edited:

jesthe3rd

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
It is working for me in recent apps and otherwise. I would clean your app cache and soft reset your phone, unless its a carrier issue. T-mobile H811, Textra 3.3,

psf57

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
It seems the older versions were able to open it from recent apps. with the newest upgrade to 3.4 seems where the problem started. I did send Textra an email about the problem.

Cwey55

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Mine is a Verizon G4 Textra 3.3...hmph...hopefully they fix it I really like the app.

psf57

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Is everyone checking updates for Textra? Now I did pay for mine, maybe that's a difference that my Version is higher? 3.4 ? this is weird.

Cwey55

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Like I said I have 3.3 and just got it not too long ago maybe a week but no updates show up for it in the store, definitely weird that others have a 3.4...

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm, interesting as I just tried it on my Verizon Note 4 (4.4.4, Not letting Lollipop through) I opened several apps > closed > then went to recent and tapped Textra and didn't get an error message, but it didn't open and also took me right back to home screen!

right to carry

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
At&T H810 using 3.3, waiting for update. Simple question. On stock Android app I have convo with one person with 60 entries. If I wanna save 3, I just delete all and then deselect the 3 I want to keep, saving 57 clicks. In Textra, I long press on one of them and then do I have to tap 56 more to delete? Is there a delete all button like on the stock app? Stupid me I am sure, but please help. thanks.

psf57

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
At&T H810 using 3.3, waiting for update. Simple question. On stock Android app I have convo with one person with 60 entries. If I wanna save 3, I just delete all and then deselect the 3 I want to keep, saving 57 clicks. In Textra, I long press on one of them and then do I have to tap 56 more to delete? Is there a delete all button like on the stock app? Stupid me I am sure, but please help. thanks.

Yes, when you tap on the 3 dots, says delete, then you will see at the top on the left hand side, delete all. That's with stock app.

Cwey55

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
I'm also now noticing Textra won't open via my lock screen shortcut (stock lock screen and shortcut)

Really frustrating me now, because I like the app.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech