Can I get some help with some freezing / lag issues?

me23brown

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
Freezing / Lag Issues

Well I'm about to start the process of trying to find out what apps are causing my performance issues and wanted to see if anyone knew of the best way of going about this. Is there some system monitoring apps that you might recommend to help me determine what is causing the issues or am I stuck removing or disabling apps randomly until I find the culprit. Thanks for your suggestions.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: Freezing / Lag Issues

Do you have a carrier phone with bloatware?
Have you tried Safe Mode to check whether it's a third-party app, or are you thinking of apps that came with the phone, bloat or otherwise?

Posted via the Android Central App

me23brown

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site

Well I'm with T mobile so I have some bloatware but a lot less than I used to have since I came from Verizon. It happened with my Note 4 before so I'm assuming its one or some of the apps I installed. It doesn't happen to much but at least once or twice a day it will freeze up and it either reboots or I have to leave it alone for a few minutes for it to become responsive again.

Allen Brandt

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site

You could try GSam Battery Monitor, a free app that will tell you what is using the battery (I found it generally helpful). Also, the built-in top battery setting will show apps usage and is also good.

There's a program talked about on the XDA website called Debloater (also free) that will allow you to block apps, even on a non-rooted phone.

So once you get a handle on where the delay is coming from, you can start a plan.

This is my biggest complaint with Android: one has to go through this every time you change a phone, something that iPhone and Windows phone users don't have to experience (endure)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae