Just bought a 64 gb card

missouriexile

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Moving up from a 32 gb.
I am feeling extremely wealthy.
I am an older retired computer programmer analyst. My first job was on an IBM System 34. It was about 6 feet long and 4 feet high. It ran a company with 75 employees.
It had 64 K(ilobytes) of ram.
256 Megabytes of disk space. (no graphics, all data). I thought it pretty slick.
So you can see that a 64 gb card in my phone is awesome.
(I also used to walk 5 miles through deep snow to school....)

Posted via the Android Central App

rfmike

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
Welcome to the world of newer modern tech. It's always nice to have somebody that is just getting used to the new technology on the forms. The LG g4 does support a two terabyte micro SD card if you really want get crazy for most people that would entire music library plus still have room from a ton of photos and videos.

zkyevolved

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Lol. Yes. The good old days. I remember the days when I was super excited about 20 mb of mp3 storage space xD. Now I have a personal server that streams and syncs my music to my devices (desktop, laptop, cell and tablet)

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Allen Brandt

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
Moving up from a 32 gb.
I am feeling extremely wealthy.
I am an older retired computer programmer analyst. My first job was on an IBM System 34. It was about 6 feet long and 4 feet high. It ran a company with 75 employees.
It had 64 K(ilobytes) of ram.
256 Megabytes of disk space. (no graphics, all data). I thought it pretty slick.
So you can see that a 64 gb card in my phone is awesome.
(I also used to walk 5 miles through deep snow to school....)

I worked on that system, along with the System/36 and System/38! Even learned a bit of RPGIII programming on those.

And like you, I installed a 64GB card in my G4 :)

missouriexile

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I sure (don't) miss punched cards.

G4

I wrote and ran programs that had to be keyed one program line to a card. Companies used to store and run production programs from cards stored in metal racks.
No, I don't miss it at all. Staggering for me to remember the progression of technology over 60 years.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I distinctly remember a time back in college in the early 90's when a somewhat wealthy kid I roomed with bought a 1GB internal hard drive for his PC which cost $1,000.

Yeah, times have certainly changed.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I remember when my Olympus camera's XD card had 2GB as the maximum size.

Now, my G4 has a 128GB SD card that's smaller in physical size than that.

Man, times have changed...

rdt595

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I remember paying $600 for a 1.5mp digital camera just 13 years ago. Still have it!

Posted with LG G4 via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member