Update just now AT&T

lostchild

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Upgrade Device Software for the LG G4 (H810)

Update summary

AT&T released a software update for the LG G4 (H810) on August 31, 2015. This update will be pushed to customers via the Firmware Over the Air (FOTA) using a Wi-Fi connection.

What's changing?

This software update includes:

Device security improvements

What to expect after the update

Although there should be no impacts to settings or data, we recommend that you back up your media files to an SD card, a PC, or using a favorite application (from the Play Store), prior to upgrading the software.

How to update

Notification - AT&T software update.
Notification - AT&T software update message reads - "A new software update from AT&T is available for your device. This software update will take several minutes and will not delete any personal data on your device. All phone services (including emergency calls) will be suspended during the install."
Tap Continue.
Your phone will start downloading the software update.
The phone will automatically restart once the new software has successfully downloaded.
Tap OK.

Verifying the update

Tap Settings from application tray or pull down menu.
Under the General tab, tap About phone.
Tap Software Info.
The following information displays:
Android Version: 5.1
Software Version: H81010l
Baseband Version: MPSS.BO.2.5.c3-00070-M8992FAAAANAZM-1.19025.1
Kernel Version: 3.10.49
Build#: LMY47D
File Size: 46.7MB

Source:
Upgrade Device Software for the LG G4 (H810)- AT&T Wireless Support 

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like it's just a Stagefright patch. I wonder what else may have been snuck in though, if anything, beyond the vague description. There always seems to be something that isn't announced in these updates.

legin111

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
I got this about a week ago on telus here in Toronto. One thing I do like is they separated the notifications and the phone volume. I don't have any of the problems you guys are having over the boarder

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I just installed the update, and didn't notice anything extra. No split for Call and Notification volumes sadly. That's something I really wouldn't mind.

Posted via the Android Central App

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Did you do a reboot after install? That's when my notifications split

Well, the phone reboots itself as part of the update process, but I just did another reboot for good measure with no change. It's a carrier specific thing. It seems Telus and T-Mobile split the volumes, but AT&T didn't unfortunately.

Im Broken

Jun 5, 2015
Visit site
Zimperium still shows one stagefright vulnerability open after the update :facepalm:

legin111

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
Well, the phone reboots itself as part of the update process, but I just did another reboot for good measure with no change. It's a carrier specific thing. It seems Telus and T-Mobile split the volumes, but AT&T didn't unfortunately.

That sucks

legin111

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
Zimperium still shows one stagefright vulnerability open after the update :facepalm:

Yeah my update didn't say anything about stage fright fix so I just assumed it would be in another update and maybe they can do even more tweaks to the OS.

troshs

Trusted Member
Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
I got mine yesterday right out of the box. Didn't get to use it much before the update so I don't really have any input for changes, but nothing is acting like a turd yet so I guess that's good. 😏