G4 "charging", but it's not.

HaboobZ

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
So, I'm on my second G4 and this problem (not the reason for the replacement) has occurred on both of them: I plug the phone in at night (was about 28%) and get the beep stating that it's getting power to be charged, so I let it sit over night while I sleep.

I wake up in the morning and get the warning sound and prompt that the phone is at 15%. This is using the OEM wall plug and cable too. Just wondering if it's something common with the G4 (hasn't happened to my girlfriends G4 though) or if I just have some bad luck?

I know the power to the outlet (which is on a switch) was on, as it gave the tone when the cable was plugged in.

RocketFoot

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Is it the same charger from the first phone? Maybe it's a bad cable? My wife's Galaxy S3 had a bad cable...replaced it with an aftermarket charger and it has been fine ever since.

HaboobZ

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
I believe so, I can't remember if I've mixed up the cables or not. I'm going to swap it with the new phones' charger, though it's not one of those "it does it every time" things. Just every now and again.

At first I thought it was overheating, but it's certainly not overheating in my house when not in use, so I don't know. It's happened on multiple outlets too, so it's not that.

Just thought I'd ask - still could be the cable/plug.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I'd wager its a bad original charging block, bad cable, or both. Try both the block and cable that came with your replacement phone. I bet the problem goes away.

Posted via the Android Central App

sswitzer

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
Check out the Charging and Charged Notifications threads in the http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-g4/544443-common-issues-solutions.html sticky... a lot of people have had issues of various sorts when it comes to charging.

My own experience is that this phone is just finicky when it comes to the charging block and cable; I've never had a problem with the cable & block that came with my phone, but cables that worked great with old Note2 sometimes don't work with this phone, and yet I can sometimes use the cheapest USB cable I have around and it works great.

I think it has something to do with the micro USB connector fitting properly, but I'm not really sure.

I doubt very much that it's a problem that can't be fixed by using a decent, new cable and charging block. Go to a store that will let you try out a block & cable right there to confirm that charging works OK.

Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
Most of the time I'll plug mine in.. Hear the charging sounds.. And as soon as I put it down it makes the in charging sound.. But when I move it a slight bit around it starts charging again and its fine.. Cable isn't loose in my phone... Think it's just a bad cable/block.

Posted via the Android Central App

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Forum user Maybish (and myself as well) has experienced this issue and posted about it. It's rare, but it does happen...and the cable isn't loose, the AC block isn't loose, and it begins charging initially. At some random point, it just stops. And if you unplug and replug it in, it charges again.
I don't know what the culprit is, but I know it's related to the phone itself, not the charger. Perhaps, as others have said, this phone is "finicky" with chargers.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay