How do I setup default email app folders and stop spam sync?

Geordieclare

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
On my previous phone (HTC One X) I could choose to not sync particular folders (like spam) to my phone, but on my LG G4 it syncs all spam (or other folder contents) directly to my inbox, meaning I get a regular stream of notifications about junk all day every day - it's beyond irritating now. When I go into mail settings and select "show all folders" there is no spam folder or any of my other Yahoo or Gmail folders, so all mail, including spam comes straight to my inbox. How do I set the default email app to properly show ALL folders and set syncing so I don't get spam synced to my phone?

I'm hoping I've just overlooked something simple and my upgrade hasn't meant a reduction in simple functions! If there's no way to do it in the default app, can someone please recommend a better email app? This seems such a ridiculously basic function to omit.

Geordieclare

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
I couldn't find anything in Cloudmagic's privacy policy that says they share personal information - quite the opposite in fact: "We are not in the business of loaning, renting or selling information to others. We only use the information collected to better the service offered to you." As far as I could see the data they store seems reasonable for the app to function.

Have they changed their policy recently or am I missing/misunderstanding something?

Last edited:

Funky Diver

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
Fair enough....

This is the blurb from their own FAQ

*CloudMagic secure?

Yes!

Security is given primary importance at CloudMagic. All the security practices we follow comply with leading industry standards.

Your CloudMagic password is hashed and saltedWe don’t take passwords for services which support OAuthStrict firewall in place. Most critical hosts do not have internet connectionWe use HTTPS for all client-server communications

You can refer our*Privacy Policy*for more information.

Privacy policy here https://cloudmagic.com/k/privacypolicy

Funky Diver

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
Meant to add...

The list linked to also includes a raft of other email clients with similar security scores

Out of interest what is the scoring criteria in your list and how did you decide which clients were more or less secure than another?

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
I re-read the privacy statement for CloudMagic and decided to add another definition. CloudMagic is kind of a special case. Check the 5 star rating definition.

I also did some editing for clarity of the criteria for secure/insecure. Please go back to the link I provided and read it again. It's the 3 points above the list itself.

IMHO an email client that downloads your email, creates an account, collects "certain data" and "store your data: emails" and "surfaces contextual Cards that help you get your work done. CloudMagic pulls the data from respective tools" (what 'tools'?) simply cannot be considered to be a secure email client, regardless of their use of encryption, etc.

Therefore, CloudMagic remains in the insecure list.

And please, take a minute to read the AquaMail privacy statement linked at the bottom of the listing post. You might also take a little time to read the rest of the listing post thread.

Android since v1.0. Linux since 2001.

Last edited:

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I have been very happy with Aquamail, very powerful and full of options. Under constant improvement too, worth the money.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995