Why is my LG G4 been draining the battery by a lot while I haven't done anything heavy for a day?

coldhurts

Sep 4, 2015
Visit site
My phone, lg g4, has been draining battery by a lot while I haven't done anything heavy for a day

My phone, it's currently using 69% of my phone's battery, while other's are below 10%e's battery has been drained mostly by cell standby according to my phone's battery usage. Is there a fix to this?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: My phone, lg g4, has been draining battery by a lot while I haven't done anything heavy for a da

Welcome to the G4 forum. :)

What is your signal strength like, and so far as you are aware, are there any temporary network problems in your area?
Check also that there are no problems with the seating of the SIM, or with the SIM itself.

Posted via the Android Central App

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Re: My phone, lg g4, has been draining battery by a lot while I haven't done anything heavy for a da

And if you haven't already done it, reboot the phone. Sometimes an app can get itself in a funky state and run down your battery.

coldhurts

Sep 4, 2015
Visit site

Screenshot_2015-09-04-12-35-54[1].jpg

btw this is a picture of the battery usage

coldhurts

Sep 4, 2015
Visit site

It saids its about 12hours and 45min usage on battery, also it's on Rogers, in Canada

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site

It saids its about 12hours and 45min usage on battery, also it's on Rogers, in Canada

Yeah that's not good. Your losing about 5% per hour in what appears to be very light usage. You probably have a rogue App or service wakelocking your phone and not allowing it to idle properly. These can sometimes be difficult to diagnose without root though. You may want to start by uninstalling Apps, one at a time, in order of what you think might be the most likely culprit. You could also go full bore and try a factory reset, then install your personal user apps slowly while you monitor idle drain. It's a bummer but these issues can often only be solved slowly and through trial and error.

muckrakerX

May 23, 2013
Visit site

Your cell standby is way too high. Mine usually runs about 6%. My screen is always highest %.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

Tap the graph and look at the bottom of the next screen. Is the mobile signal solid green? If it's yellow, brown or red, you have a weak signal (IOW, you're using the wrong carrier) and it's going to cost you battery.

sswitzer

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site

Tap the graph and look at the bottom of the next screen. Is the mobile signal solid green? If it's yellow, brown or red, you have a weak signal (IOW, you're using the wrong carrier) and it's going to cost you battery.

Which graph?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12