Please help texting is unbearable

Nick Brennan

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
On my 2nd phone. 1st one was hit with wireless wouldn't turn on. Every keyboard I use tons of keypresses go nowhere. Sometimes I have to click a key 3 or 4 times. Even clicking a key 2 seconds later it will enter the key...I have to type so slow to make sure each key is entered. If I can't fix this I'm going to return the phone. There's also another problem when I'm scrolling in Chrome it'll just randomly click on things when scrolling. Its a great phone and I want to keep it it's just the lag on the keyboard is so bad I cant text and I can't type anything please help

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Nick Brennan

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Google keyboard seems to be a bit better but I still notice it. The phone is so nice it's a shame to have these problems holding it back.

jkayakj

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I had the lag too... It's not the keyboard but the messages app... Replace it with textra, hangouts, or Google messages from the play store and the lag will go away ( textra is the best)

Posted via the Android Central App

Nick Brennan

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I used textra but the lag was still there. Google keyboard seems to be the most responsive. Is there a way to fix the scrolling problem in chrome that always seems to click in the middle of me scrolling down a web page?

RocketFoot

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
There is an update rolling out to T-Mobile and AT&T right now that seems to help with touch response but no word for Sprint and VzW yet.

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
I use Textra and Google Keyboard...no problems. I ditched Chrome also...onto CM Browser now. I don't see any lag you people talk about.

troshs

Trusted Member
Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
I use the stock keyboard and messenger here on AT&T and have no issues. Only had the phone for 2 days now but either the software update on day 1 fixed it or it's an app pissing your phones off.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Replace it with textra, hangouts, or Google messages from the play store and the lag will go away ( textra is the best)

This 100%!!! I just replaced my stock messaging app yesterday because on my H815, group messages come from each individual person rather than in one group text. It finally got on my nerves and I looked for another SMS text app and came across Textra! First thing I noticed was how quick it responded to everything! So much better than stock! I recommend anyone to switch out their stock text app and use it!

Oh, and I'm using Textra with Swiftkey!

Nick Brennan

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Went with a Note 5. G4 is awesome..I just didn't want to keep swapping out phones. It was almost as if the phone didn't want to recognize my keypresses. Even sluggish at times. Thanks everyone for the help. G4 is a badass phone.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk