ZeroLemon just released their massive LG G4 battery

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
So, ZeroLemon, the geniuses behind those MASSIVE batteries have launched their massive 8500mAh battery for the LG G4. That's nearly 3 times the battery capacity of the normal G4's battery.

It's $59.99

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Pretty cool for times when you won't have access to power for several days. I don't do that enough to justify a purchase though.

Posted via the Android Central App

RocketFoot

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
That is awesome but I don't think I would buy it unless I was planning on an arctic adventure! As long as my batter lasts all day, I'm good!

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
That is awesome but I don't think I would buy it unless I was planning on an arctic adventure! As long as my batter lasts all day, I'm good!

Heh, well you have to make some compromises to get that insane battery life. The battery requires the included case as it's really big in physical size, meaning that the phone will be a lot thicker and heavier.

Some are willing to give up aesthetics and practicality for insane longevity, which is why ZeroLemon is quite popular with geeks.

jon4400

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Nah I'll wait for Android M and hopefully it'll bring some much needed improvement in the battery department

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I used to do this with my Galaxy Nexus back in the day; but the battery life of my G4 isn't bad. However, I'm one who doesn't care how paper-thin a device is, and would much prefer battery life over width, so I might check this out anyway. I just wish there were a slightly smaller version, say, ~6000 mAh, to make it a little more manageable.

The buttons on the back (of the case) are pretty funny when you compare them to the original, lol.

-Posted via the Android Central App on my G4-

bigslam123

May 3, 2010
Visit site
They're sending me one to review. I should have it next week, so I'll let ya know.

RedOctobyr

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site
This replaces the internal battery, using the same contacts, right?

The price actually seems decent, given the large capacity. I'll stick to bringing a spare battery, but it's good to have options!

TheMarcus

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Heh, well you have to make some compromises to get that insane battery life. The battery requires the included case as it's really big in physical size, meaning that the phone will be a lot thicker and heavier.

Some are willing to give up aesthetics and practicality for insane longevity, which is why ZeroLemon is quite popular with geeks.
They could have designed it better. Yes, it will add considerable bulk to the device, but they could have put at least a little effort into the design.
Nah I'll wait for Android M and hopefully it'll bring some much needed improvement in the battery department

That's what Google says about every Android update...
Just as L was supposed to do.
Exactly. And L caused a lot of battery issues, too...

I used to do this with my Galaxy Nexus back in the day; but the battery life of my G4 isn't bad. However, I'm one who doesn't care how paper-thin a device is, and would much prefer battery life over width, so I might check this out anyway. I just wish there were a slightly smaller version, say, ~6000 mAh, to make it a little more manageable.

The buttons on the back (of the case) are pretty funny when you compare them to the original, lol.

-Posted via the Android Central App on my G4-

There are 6000 and 6500 mAh options, just not from ZeroLemon.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Jax112

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Look I've been rocking the ZL battery for about 2 weeks The battery is excellent but it gets me about 20 hours. After looking at the posts concerning this battery I must be an extreme user because I'm at about 20% or less when I put it back on charge. ZL makes quality battery's but they failed on the TPU case. It plain stinks. The rear buttons are indistinguishable and you will press the wrong one each time. I personally put a piece of skid tape on the power button to differentiate. Now if they make their rugged case for this phone they will redeem their selves. I had the rugged case on my S4 and it rocked. So hit them up on their website and let them know we want a rugged case for this great device. I've done it so much they don't respond to me anymore.
Yea its thicker and heavier but in the words of Boris "the bullet dodger" Weight is reliability.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800