Volume Down button not working

Grey_girl

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
My volume down button seems to have stopped working and was wondering if the brain trust had any ideas before I go through the agony of dealing with repairs. This is for a Sprint G4, purchased days after it was released in June (so one of the early ones).

Physically, the down button depresses, but it doesn't seem to be sending a signal. I've removed the case and reseated the back cover, made sure there wasn't any debris around the volume buttons, and made sure the up volume and power buttons work. I did a soft reset and made sure all the software is up-to-date. I've also tried to make sure I didn't reassign the button to something else in settings, but I'm not completely sure I've checked all that might effect this.

I haven't had any of the overheating issues others have experienced, but I have had the white flash appear in the lower right corner of the screen. I just can't replicate the white flashing problem or cause it to appear with regularity, so haven't taken it in for that yet.

Ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

SipoKapumba

Sep 8, 2017
Visit site
This solution worked for me. I long pressed the volume up and volume down buttons at the same time for about three to five seconds and the volume down button has been working well so far. Before this, I had noticed that after rebooting the device, which is just two weeks old, the volume down button would stop responding after a few clicks, within a minute. The issue cropped up two days ago and device is new. I will keep everyone posted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze