Display Issues

Broth3rz

Aug 7, 2015
Visit site
Everything was fine, changed nothing , all of a sudden I went to press the power button to do something on the phone and the display went off right after I pressed the power button to turn it on and it did this like 10 times, didn't matter if I double tapped or used the power button. It was then a race to hold the power button to try and restart it, after the restart, did it once but then acted normal. After a bit I tried turning it on and did this again and so I powered it off for an hour or so. Turned it on, was normal then started doing this again but this time double tap was keeping the screen on while the power button it shuts off after a split second and did this over 15 times. It's acting like I'm hitting the power button twice turning the display off and on.

The phone has always been a little finicky with the pull down clock I use a lot and I believe it did this display issue here and there, but not enough for me to think anything of it. The other day I notice that after a call, I take the phone from my ear and the screen comes back on, but then it turns off then back on, then I"m able to cancel the call. It's only done that a few times. The main problem is this turning it on and it's turning itself off, it's very upsetting when trying to turn it on and it turns the display off itself. It seems to be completely random also. Sometimes it's perfectly fine like now, but when it throws a fit, I may not be able to turn the phone / display on within waiting a few minutes or who knows how long.

Bought the Verizon model, hated it, bought the H815, turns out it's an SEA version or something, called LG they say it's registered in Hong Kong, so I guess I have to contact LG Hong Kong to use the warranty?

I have a feeling I'm going to great screw on my first smart phone. With the carrier versions being un-usable because of bloat / battery, then I get the H815 and now I will have warranty issues I'm sure.

I haven't tried turning off screen lock to see if that helps. I guess I could do a reset, but I changed nothing, all was good. It's charged. I use the swipe screen lock for the record. I don't know what to do.

GibMcFragger

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Is there a screen protector covering the proximity sensor (to the left of the earpiece). That causes exactly what you are describing.

Broth3rz

Aug 7, 2015
Visit site
Actually I have a screen protector I still haven't put on, it has the original pull sticker on it, seems to help protect it. But I was going to remove it and place the actual screen protector on it soon. I mean I've got a 1/4 bubble from the little tab you pull to take it off which is new... But it's got original peel sticker on it and never had any issues before. Nothing was changed, this just started to happen for no reason.

GibMcFragger

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm just asking because if the sensor is covered, it thinks the phone is in your pocket and will turn the display off again instantly when you press the power button to turn it on.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12