I can't unroot my G4!

mkchillin

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
I can't unroot my AT&T G4. I downloaded the files and when I follow the steps, it gets stuck at 60% and says the phone is disconnected from the PC and won't finish the process. I've reset my phone, I wish to flash stock firmware or remove the root in any other way. I tried to do it via Super SU too and it won't work that way either.

mkchillin

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
I don't know for sure, I used Xposed and did some modding and the phone would sometimes restart on it's own, and frequently have to upgrade all the hundreds of apps when restarting. Furthermore, the phone as a whole was full of stutter and choppiness. I've already factory reseted my phone and like it this way but I want to unroot entirely so that's what I am here to discuss.

AndroidHabit

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Also didn't you know you shouldnt take OTA updates while rooted, unless you flash the updates yourself.
SuperSU should have no problem removing root and then after that just do a factory reset.
Just to be clear, you are not trying to send this to AT&T for service right?
They don't waste time checking for root anyways, trust me I sent two G3's with root.

mkchillin

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
When I hit unroot on SuperSU it spins and says please wait but after a while it doesn't do anything, how long should I expect it to take? I'm notbsensing it to ATT, I'm keeping it.

AndroidHabit

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I would let it sit and finish, it is just taking a while to remove root.
You can also try LG's firmware tool and update it through there.
It should give you the latest AT&T software.
Try unrooting it first though.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
If you thought Xposed or one of the modules was the problem, why not just run the Xposed uninstaller?

And if you wanted to kill everything, why not just flash the stock image in download mode?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar