The Problems Keep Mounting on my G4...

804hokie

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
After a pretty solid first three months of VS986 ownership, I just started having these issues today:

- PC is not recognizing device

-the quick charging indicator light on my Anker Quick Charger will no longer change to show it's quick charging.

Is anyone else having these issues? I've tried brushing off the contacts and restarting both PC and G4, but the issues persist.

Last edited:

804hokie

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Re: USB & Quick Charging Problems

I have not seen that. I assume you tried another cable?

I've tried every cable I have. Got it to temporarily interface with my PC, but it didn't last. I'm now using Win 10, so I wonder if there could be a driver conflict after a software update? Did just about everything I could think of trying in the the device manager.

The G4 can still charge normally (via wall and USB connection from the PC), but I can't figure out why it will no longer Quick Charge.

Last edited:

804hokie

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site

I've also tested the quick charger while my G4 was powered off, and the indicator still won't show it's quick charging. Again, I must state none of these problems were occurring until yesterday. I'll try borrow my brother's Win7 laptop to see if there is any improvement (though I've been on Windows 10 since the week it went live for wide distribution). Would these issues most likely be due to software or hardware?

804hokie

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site

Okay, I'm beginning to think my device is totally jacked up (or possessed)...

I have never used a custom launcher, nor rooted my G4. The issues keep mounting. In the last half hour, the notification LED has stayed on solid green or blinked blue, despite my clearing all notifications. Unless the network is down (by pure coincidence), I'm also not getting any mobile network data connection, at the moment.

The Windows 7 laptop also will not recognize my G4.

To the best of my knowledge, I've never had any sort of malware or virus on this device (or any other smartphone I've owned). I've used every antivirus scanner and security app on it, I can think of.

The battery charge indicator has frozen on 80%, and this applies to Gsam as well.

My device has never been dropped or immersed in liquid, and the moisture indicator looks brand new.

I'm going to try a hard reset, unless someone can think of a better idea.

804hokie

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I can currently only use Wi-Fi for Data connection. Battery state is frozen at 80%.

Attachments

• 1443385641498.jpg
    1443385641498.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 80

804hokie

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
factory reset.if things don't change or go back to normal send it back

Posted via H815 a.k.a LG G4

Yeah, I turned it off, and the power-off charge showed 63%--as opposed to the 80% it was indicating while on for the longest time. Doing a full charge before I FDR everything. If this hard reset doesn't do the job, I'm afraid my device has gone bad. Which is really a shame, as for the most part, I've really thought highly of my G4. The good news, is LG Backup works very well.

RedOctobyr

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site
The only other thing I could think of would be to try restoring the system image. Doing what I believe is called a KDZ restore, over on XDA.

A FDR clears the user partition, but not the system position. The KDZ apparently redoes the system partition.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I would flash the system image in download mode before trying KDZ if it were me.

Just make sure you use the same software version that you are currently on.

804hokie

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
The only other thing I could think of would be to try restoring the system image. Doing what I believe is called a KDZ restore, over on XDA.

A FDR clears the user partition, but not the system position. The KDZ apparently redoes the system partition.

I thought about that, but thing is my understanding of that process would require my USB interface to be working correctly.

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I can currently only use Wi-Fi for Data connection. Battery state is frozen at 80%.

Holy crap. Mine was stuck at 80% yesterday too! I do have an extra battery and when i swapped it, It worked good. Not sure whats going on but there is a bug somewhere.

Posted via the Android Central App

804hokie

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Holy crap. Mine was stuck at 80% yesterday too! I do have an extra battery and when i swapped it, It worked good. Not sure whats going on but there is a bug somewhere.

Posted via the Android Central App

Interesting.

After talking with the very unhelpful LG last night, I got back with VzW. They're sending me a warranty replacement. I have no idea why I started having all these issues over the weekend, but hopefully the replacement will resolve things. It would also be nice to see a software update in the near future again.

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Yes. Hopefully there will be. Mine is tmobile so may be an lg issue. I dont have any of the other problems but i do have the lg home screen crash often. That is annoying. Glad to see Verizon is taking care of you. I'm sure this one will be better.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Interesting.

After talking with the very unhelpful LG last night, I got back with VzW. They're sending me a warranty replacement. I have no idea why I started having all these issues over the weekend, but hopefully the replacement will resolve things. It would also be nice to see a software update in the near future again.

Yup, bad hardware. Let us know how the replacement works out. Good luck!

RedOctobyr

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site
I'm glad you got it replaced!

Mine (Verizon) hasn't had the stuck-battery-indicator. But a few times now (maybe 3 times since getting it in July) I've inexplicably lost my data connection, despite the phone showing a cell data signal. If I try to go to a website, I get an error message, and my email app says "No network available", etc. When it happened today, going in/out of airplane mode didn't fix it. I didn't think to try WiFi, but a reboot did fix the problem. Strange.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11