AT&T LG G4 update

mattdamiz85

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Just received notification of a software update on my G4. I'm at work so I don't have access to WiFi but as soon as I get off I'll update and report back. Anyone else get that notification today?

Posted via the Android Central App

mattdamiz85

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Something tells me it may be one of those security updates. But I won't be able to find out for awhile.

mattdamiz85

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Installed it. Security update and Wild tangent games bloat added. Damn you AT&T. DAMN YOU!!!!!!!!!

mattdamiz85

May 15, 2011
Visit site
At least it allowed me to delete it. I didn't notice that app on here before the update. Am I losing my mind?

CarpeMortem

Jun 4, 2015
Visit site
Wild Tangent has been there from the start. Previously we could just disable it. Being able to delete it now is much better - and if that's the case, I welcome this update!

lostchild

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
At least it allowed me to delete it. I didn't notice that app on here before the update. Am I losing my mind?

You are not crazy. I haven't installed update yet and no Wild tangent games on my G4. Did they really put that out in an update? Really AT&T? :p

CarpeMortem

Jun 4, 2015
Visit site
You are not crazy. I haven't installed update yet and no Wild tangent games on my G4. Did they really put that out in an update? Really AT&T? :p

Did you two get your phones from ATT direct? I picked mine up at BestBuy. Wonder if there is a difference in bloatware that is preinstalled, based on where you get your phone?

psf57

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I never had Wild Tangent before. Update did add it. And it was a security update. Uninstalled that Wild Tangent right away. Mine came directly from AT&T Corporate store.

skidmark

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
Here is the latest software number after update.

Attachments

• 44397.jpg
    44397.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 236

CarpeMortem

Jun 4, 2015
Visit site
*edit* nope, I lied...it's back, no longer disabled...and I am limited to only disabling it....

*edit again* I could disable it when dragging and dropping to the home screen, but going to the app menu, I could uninstall. Huzzah!

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon