6.0 Update Question

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I have AT&T activated on my H815 G4. I just spoke to an AT&T rep and she was on 6.0 via OTA. So, are OS upgrades Determined by the manufacturer or Google? I thought maybe having AT&T as my carrier I'd be updated too.

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Google distributes to LG who makes their changes then LG pushes to the carriers to make their changes, then once everyone is satisfied, it will slowly be pushed to the wild.

The 815 update should come straight from LG so in theory you should see it sooner than a carrier device.

zkyevolved

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I have AT&T activated on my H815 G4. I just spoke to an AT&T rep and she was on 6.0 via OTA. So, are OS upgrades Determined by the manufacturer or Google? I thought maybe having AT&T as my carrier I'd be updated too.

She's a liar if she's on 6.0 OTA for the G4 :p

If it's factory unlocked, then it's through the manufacturer. If it's carrier locked, then the carrier releases it. That simple.

stmax

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
Geez. 6 is rolling out. I used to be with Nexus then unlocked g3 so have enjoyed fast updates for several years. Now with Bell on my G4 I'm still stuck at 5.1 version H81210e. Yes "e".

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Thanks guys. Yes, her phone is unlocked and says AT&T in the upper left corner. Mine doesn't. She also showed me about phone---> OS - - > 6.0.

AlwaysSmile

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Thanks guys. Yes, her phone is unlocked and says AT&T in the upper left corner. Mine doesn't. She also showed me about phone---> OS - - > 6.0.

That wasn't the G4 than cuz LG didn't release it yet, or was it a custom ROM and not from LG!

psf57

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
AT&T is still on 5.1, unless it is a custom rom. Just chatted with AT&T and they have no info yet of when 6.0 will be coming, but the G4 will get it.

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Maybe it is. She said OTA update. She seemed tech-knowledgable so I suppose she could have installed a custom ROM. But why the hell would she mention the OTA?

psf57

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Maybe it is. She said OTA update. She seemed tech-knowledgable so I suppose she could have installed a custom ROM. But why the hell would she mention the OTA?

Faintest idea why. If it was OTA then I think most G4 would be getting it. I got mine the day the 2nd day they were out and no 6.0 OTA update at all.

zkyevolved

May 12, 2010
Visit site
OK, internal testing group... But then it must be flashed, and not OTA, right? Or maybe... Never mind, I guess they could take note of her IMEI and just send an update to HER device... But what I've seen from manufacturers is that it's always hard to do OTA and keep data than pass on an image and flash it new. If it's alpha, it's not OTA. If it's nearing completion, then it could be OTA... It also wouldn't make sense that AT&T is nearing completion of Android 6.0... My brain is starting to hurt! LOL!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khalio1234