LG G4 Against the World

clitrenta

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
As somebody who loves all technology, I can pretty much find something good (and bad) about every phone. I try not to discriminate. I love Windows phone and Blackberry for what they do but BB is going to stop making devices and concentrate more on the software side of things. Windows Phone OS is great and Love the live tiles but they still need to do more with their app situation which I suspect they are gearing up for as it appears Microsoft is about to make a major push for all things Windows 10. iPhones work great and are made well but I still can't quite get my head around the idea that every year it pretty much looks the same. Same looking OS with new features. As for the hardware, you get maybe two choices which really seem more like one. Just not enough choices for someone who gets bored easily. Now we get to Android. There are many of them out there but with this last purchase, I realize that there just aren't that many to make me notice. Samsung is going the way of Apple and their phones are getting cheaper feeling although the S6 Active is still a nice phone. I can't say much about the Note 5 as I haven't looked at much. I settled on the LG G4 which is a new concept for me (LG) but after having had it for a couple of months now, I really feel as though I can say this is the best Android phone out there (taken as a whole). It's made well, the speakers are the loudest on a phone in my experience, the display is among the best and it's the perfect size. These are only some of the things there are to like. I am constantly looking at the new phones coming out and many times I find something that I think will beat my current phone. Not so with the G4. Right now I'm thinking the only one that could would be the G5. I recently bought a Quickcircle case to try out and even love the extra functionality that gives me. There may be other phones that can beat the G4 in a specific area but overall, I can't think of any other that is so well rounded in everything and provides me with the ability to customize it to suit my needs. Great job LG.

drbol

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
I have had the G2, G3, and now the G4. I have loved all of them but my favorite one has been the G2 only for size. I went with the G3 for the replaceable battery and memory card slot that the G2 lacked. I wish they would offer the G4 in a size similar to the G2. If the G5 comes out and is even bigger...I will have to pass. Phones are getting too large for my taste anymore.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm happy with LG's take and direction with their devices. So much so that I will only upgrade to one of their newer devices. They are providing me with the things I need in my device so they'll get my business....unless they pull a Samsung of course, lol!

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I've owned a couple of LGs and a couple of Samsung devices in the past couple of years. Personally, I think that taking some of the things from the G4 and some of the things from the Note 5 would ultimately make me the most happy with this round of phone technology (plus Nova on top.)

jimgravy

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
I agree with your assessment on the G4, as I bought one for my wife. The only way to add functionality to these well designed devices is to root, as I have done with my G3. Rooting has allowed me to extend the life and investment of my phone, allowing me to skip the upgrade to the G4. My rooted G3, IMHO, is still superior to any device out there (must have Nova Launcher on top) and a rooted G4 would only keep LG on top.

Posted via the Android Central App

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
I also agree. I love my G4. However, my mistake of buying a carrier branded G4 (T-Mobile) coupled with LG's skinned version of Android (running Google Now Launcher) leaves me wanting. Less bloat and something more in line with stock Android would be a start. Also, I've owned my G4 since day one of the T-Mobile release and I've factory reset three times.

My G4 runs buttery smooth, but it took work to get there. It shouldn't be that complicated, what with the uninstalls and disabling apps and the factory resets. All this to say, I'll soon have a G4 and a Nexus 5X.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy