So Android 6.0 for the G4 inbound!

Aflaaaak

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
I'm not sure... I can't find that option under settings anywhere?

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Go to Settings, Networks and Advanced Calling is the last choice in the top section. There is a place to activate it, and choice to enable it. This allows Voice Calls and Data simultaneously, and can improve the voice quality of some calls.

CarpeMortem

Jun 4, 2015
Visit site
Go to Settings, Networks and Advanced Calling is the last choice in the top section. There is a place to activate it, and choice to enable it. This allows Voice Calls and Data simultaneously, and can improve the voice quality of some calls.
Hmm, definitely not seeing it. Is that a carrier based option? I'm on AT&T.

AndrewMelder

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
LG Australia have announced that the 6.0 update will be available here from mid-November. Just based on this, they seem pretty confident in the update.

Even if there's no issues carriers can delay this for sure, but my Telstra bought model got the last update around 2 weeks earlier then scheduled. Here's hoping that type of progress continues.

Aflaaaak

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
Hmm, definitely not seeing it. Is that a carrier based option? I'm on AT&T.

I'm on Verizon, so maybe my particular version called Advanced Calling is a Verizon exclusive, but would hope AT&T has something similar. The way I understand it, phones used to have two "radios" in them so one could handle voice while the other handled data. To save money, the manufacturers dropped the second radio, so the trick now is to send voice over the data network to get simultaneous voice and internet.
Give AT&T tech a call and ask them about it.

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I could be mistaken but advanced calling is not needed on ATT. It's needed due to a CDMA limitation unless you are using VoLTE.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
The way I understand it, phones used to have two "radios" in them so one could handle voice while the other handled data.

Well... the whole 'data and voice' at once thing was Verizon's (And Sprint's) CDMA based network's doing.... GSM networks like T-Mobile and AT&T supported it even before VoLTE.

For example... Project Fi.. which is Google's MVNO that uses both T-Mobile (GSM) and Sprint's (CDMA) networks. If you are on Sprint's stuff, you won't be able to do both voice and data (until Sprint rolls out VoLTE.)

rinkeedink

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Hoping MM improves battery life for 810 on AT&T sans the bloatware in recent update l skipped bc I didn't want to give up root and give up xposed. Also hope doze works and makes greenify less necessary.