Boot in recovery mode?

fotyc

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Well, none of the suggested methods work on my phone. So either I'm really stoopid, or you can't get into recovery mode on this AT&T LG G4... But if there is no THERE there, I suppose it doesn't matter. I do wish I could clear that system cache partition, though, as the phone uses a lot more battery since the last update.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Well, none of the suggested methods work on my phone. So either I'm really stoopid, or you can't get into recovery mode on this AT&T LG G4... But if there is no THERE there, I suppose it doesn't matter. I do wish I could clear that system cache partition, though, as the phone uses a lot more battery since the last update.

Battery life is dependant on a lot of factors and quite unique to each user, but my battery life has actually improved a bit since the update, mostly in improved standby drain.

Posted via the Android Central App

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site

Yes. Yes, it does.

fotyc

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Yes I'm sure you're right... So this question will probably start a fight - how often should one do a factory reset?? Should that be looked upon as something like quarterly maintenance?

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
It took me longer than usual to do the initial wrangling of the new phone to get battery and such in ideal form. 3 weeks or so after I got the G4 in June. During that first 3 weeks I had 5-6 hours of SoT, but only 12-13 hours of overall battery life.

After all the tweaking in that first 3 weeks, I had around 20+ hours of total battery life and 6+ hours of SoT (for the next 2 months or so).

I did a FDR at the end of August. My battery life responded with a drop to 15-16 hours of total battery and just under 6 hours of SoT (so a significant dip of overall battery life and slight dip in SoT). That was for a span of a month and a half or so.

I took the latest update from Verizon on 10/10. In the 13 days since, my battery performance has degraded even more. I currently show 13 H 38 M overall and 5 H 58 M SoT.

I recently swapped to my spare battery specifically to see if anything changed (I have used it occasionally...in fact I'm not sure which one came with the phone at this point). It made no difference.

There is no logical reason for any of that. Especially since my SoT has remained fairly consistent (only a slight dip after the FDR), somewhere between 5 H 50 M and 6 H 20 M from memory.

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Yes I'm sure you're right... So this question will probably start a fight - how often should one do a factory reset?? Should that be looked upon as something like quarterly maintenance?

Right before, and only right before, you're ready to throw your phone against the wall.

tlaswell

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I have the ATT LG G4 and after a dozen tries I finally got to the Factory reset. Holding down Vol-Down and Power button. As soon as the LG Life is Good screen shows up I very briefly let go of the Power button, left the Vol-Down pressed. I got the skinned factory reset screen.

My bluetooth audio has been cutting out for up to a second at a time. Makes podcast and music listening such a poor experience now I am about ready to pull out my old Ipod again.I was hoping a cache clear would fix it. I have already gone in and turned as much of the background stuff off as I can but I doubt if that is really it, my apps don't freeze, just the BT Audio cuts out. I will have to try it with speaker only and see if it is the full audio stack or just the Bluetooth portion.

fotyc

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I have the ATT LG G4 and after a dozen tries I finally got to the Factory reset. Holding down Vol-Down and Power button. As soon as the LG Life is Good screen shows up I very briefly let go of the Power button, left the Vol-Down pressed. I got the skinned factory reset screen..

When you say 'very briefly let go' do you mean you released and immediately re-pressed it?

mikeytg1024

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
If the BT Audio is cutting out while you are driving/moving try turning off Wifi. My experience is that coming in and out of various wifi spots will cause BT cutouts. This is not just a G4 problem, I've had it with other phones too.

tlaswell

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
When you say 'very briefly let go' do you mean you released and immediately re-pressed it?

Yes practically a reverse tap. When the screen shows up let go of the power (while still holding the volume down key) then quickly hold it back down.