LG G4 charging very slowly!

goobs10

May 22, 2014
Visit site
Doing first charge of my new G4. Its been charging now for over an hour and its only up to 25%. Im using the charger that came with it. I thought this phone was supposed to be fast charging! My G2 used to be fully charged in 90 minutes. Can anyone suggest what could be wrong?

goobs10

May 22, 2014
Visit site
Ive replaced the charger with my old G2 charger and it is now charging much quicker. Since putting this charger in its gone from 30% to 60% in about 15 minutes.

jkayakj

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Did you buy the phone new or used? If used a lot of people tend to replace the charger with a non stock one.

In terms of rapid charging, the stock charger is not a rapid charger. You'll need to buy one elsewhere (Amazon has cheap ones). Also rapid charging is disabled when the screen is on.

Posted via the Android Central App

RedOctobyr

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site
There are a number of threads about this, the phone will charge very slowly once it warms up. Keep it cool (I tested using an air conditioner), and it will charge at the full speed of the stock charger (1600mA) even with the screen on. But let it get too warm, and it will slow to about 300mA.

Even a QC 2.0 charger will only get you to about 1900mA, and has the same temperature limitations.

Keeping the screen off is the simplest way to keep it cool during charging. Avoid apps that may be working hard in the background, as well.

goobs10

May 22, 2014
Visit site
Did you buy the phone new or used? If used a lot of people tend to replace the charger with a non stock one.

In terms of rapid charging, the stock charger is not a rapid charger. You'll need to buy one elsewhere (Amazon has cheap ones). Also rapid charging is disabled when the screen is on.

Posted via the Android Central App

The phone is new. I was charging it whilst the phone was switched off.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
It could be a bad charging block and/or cable. I'd contact your carrier and see about having them send you a new one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12