should I add the shortcut to turn of the knock-knock screen on/off feature?

badkitties

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
should I add the shortcut to turn of the knock-knock screen on/off feature?

when I carry my new G4 in my pocket, I have a bad habit of keeping my hand in there as well... I just realized that the screen has been turning on and off randomly as a result. that can't be good, right?

I downloaded an app called "Activity Launcher" that allowed me to put a shortcut on my home screen to turn of this feature... but I haven't used it yet because I was wondering if there could be any negative side effects?

Thanks!

jkayakj

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
In your pocket the tap feature shouldn't go off.. The phone has the proximity sensor on whenever the screen is off and whenever something is close to the top of the screen it won't let the tap turn on the screen.

Even when holding the phone horizontal if my hand is too close to the top of the screen the tap feature won't work..

It shouldn't be going off in your pocket even if your hand is in there too

Haven't heard about that app though but if all it turns off is tap on, shouldn't have any major negatives.

Posted via the Android Central App

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I too have that "kockON" disable shortcut. I've found that when the phone is in my pocket and I am really sweaty, it can cause the screen to come on while still in my pocket.

In those situations I turn off the feature. Then turn it back on when I am no longer sweaty. I've noticed no adverse effects.

badkitties

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I too have that "kockON" disable shortcut. I've found that when the phone is in my pocket and I am really sweaty, it can cause the screen to come on while still in my pocket.

In those situations I turn off the feature. Then turn it back on when I am no longer sweaty. I've noticed no adverse effects.

I was asking because LG has chosen deliberately to hide the ability to turn knock-on on/off on the G4. I thought perhaps LG had a special reason for doing so? :) Perhaps the switch is the hidden switch to launch a secret strike against the North Koreans? (just kidding) Then again, since the "secret" switch can be brought out by a 3rd party app, I guess it shouldn't be that bad, right?:)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20