anyone notice a strange high pitch noise when recording video with rear camera?

badkitties

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I have not played with the video recording function of the rear camera until today.

After I played the video back, there was a strange high pitch noise in the background. It can be repeated no matter how many recordings I tried.

The weird thing is that the noise isn't there when recording video with the front camera. It's also not there when recording sound with the stock voice recorder.

Edit: the strange noise is not there if I install Google Camera and use it to record video on the rear camera. :(

Last edited:

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I was going to say I have heard of it somewhere, but it was probably when I originally read your post. Doh.
My Lumia 1020 makes a screeching sound due to a falling OIS.
Using our phone cameras side by side, we could put on a pretty good comedy act.

badkitties

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I was going to say I have heard of it somewhere, but it was probably when I originally read your post. Doh.
My Lumia 1020 makes a screeching sound due to a falling OIS.
Using our phone cameras side by side, we could put on a pretty good comedy act.

I am 100% sure the cause is the LG G4 stock camera app. When shooting videos, the loud high pitch background noise makes the video recording almost useless.

If I use any other camera app to record video, there is NO background noise at all. (such as Google's own camera app)

I was just hoping that LG would have fixed this in a new software update, perhaps include it with MM.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
It may be worth contacting LG customer support to see whether it's a recognised problem, and whether they intend to fix it in a future firmware update.

badkitties

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
It may be worth contacting LG customer support to see whether it's a recognised problem, and whether they intend to fix it in a future firmware update.

I'm just curious as to why I seem to be only one noticing this problem with the G4 stock camera app. I also tried it on two other G4s, one in the VZW store and one belonging to my co-worker, and both have the exact same problem. ....and just like mine, the noise isn't there when recording video using Google's own camera app or any other camera app. :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21