Stuck at 'Verify your account' after hard reset, LG G4. How can I get past this?

A

AC Question

Stuck at 'Verify your account' after hard reset. LG G4

So i did a hard reset because the phone syddenly lags and doesn't respond to touch. Followed the steps but I'm stucked in a loop in the 'Verify your account' part. Despite entering the correct 'Google Account that was previously synced on this device' and password, it keeps bringing me back to the 'Verify your account' part. Anyone knows how to proceed from this?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Stuck at 'Verify your account' after hard reset. LG G4

Welcome to Android Central! If you have 2 step authentication turned on for your Google account, try turning it off temporarily, and try again.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Have you changed your Google password recently? Is the phone connected to the web while you're trying to set it up?

marul69

Apr 25, 2015
Visit site

My password went thru as usual and yes I'm connected to the internet too when trying to set it up. I have a Note 1, 2, 3 & 4, so I'm very familiar with the initial set up after a hard reset. I've also activate the 2 step security check-in (I have 2 sims of the same number) with no effect too.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site

Try removing and then restoring the account.

marul69

Apr 25, 2015
Visit site

Found the answer..

Why the device refuses to accept my Google account although I can log in on the PC?
First, make sure the Google account did exist on the phone before factory data reset. If you change your Google account (e.g., password), you cannot use this Google account to unlock the phone within 72 hours. This is another chained security measure for compromised Google account together with stolen phones. The 72-hour duration will start from the time you make changes to your Google account. If you are caught in the 72-hour jail, you can relax and live a better life without a smartphone, for 3 days.

I can log in as usual now. Thanks for all the replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2