New VZW G4 Software Update 11/24/15

evan34

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
I was just notified of a software update (61.3MB) and am downloading it now. Hopefully it will fix the push notifications on WiFi.

muckrakerX

May 23, 2013
Visit site
Mine is updating at this moment. Wasn't having any issues, so I hope the update doesn't cause any.

Posted via the Android Central App

bchandler02

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
Mine is updating at this moment. Wasn't having any issues, so I hope the update doesn't cause any.

Posted via the Android Central App

Did you do the October update to 12A? If you didn't the wifi problem didn't exist.

I'm hoping someone that had 12A can test and confirm that this fixed it.

effreyj

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
Did you do the October update to 12A? If you didn't the wifi problem didn't exist.

I'm hoping someone that had 12A can test and confirm that this fixed it.

Yes, they seem to have fixed it. I had the issue (and had to install DNSet as a workaround). I uninstalled DNSet and am getting notifications on wifi now.

bchandler02

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
I'd guess those going from 11 to 13 have a bigger update than those going from 12 to 13. I think the 12 update was around 400MB for me.

TNCattleDog

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
So now I have a different notification issue. If I get a G+ or Chrome notification, pulling down the status/notification bar and tapping on the notification fails to open the corresponding app. Rebooted and still have the issue.

Also had an overheating problem and had to shut down about 10 mins after the update finished. That problem has since resolved and its running cool now.

David

effreyj

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
So now I have a different notification issue. If I get a G+ or Chrome notification, pulling down the status/notification bar and tapping on the notification fails to open the corresponding app. Rebooted and still have the issue.

Also had an overheating problem and had to shut down about 10 mins after the update finished. That problem has since resolved and its running cool now.

David

I recommend clearing the apps cache and restarting.

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
So is there a resounding good vibe on this update? I am hesitant on updating to this but I here good stuff far

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LesleyWang