LG G4 vs Galaxy s6 edge

RapidTurtle

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I have a G4, and the guy I work with a the S6 Edge. We are in a weak AT&T signal area, and the G4 does a much better job at getting LTE, and holding a call. He is always waving his phone around trying to get a signal, while I get 1 - 2 bars and never show no service. Needless to say, he is going to try and get rid of his edge and grab a G4. If signal strength is of any importance to u, grab the G4. It's a great phone.

RapidTurtle

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I have AT&T, and live in a rural area. Signal from all carriers can get sketchy in spots. I've had Sprint, Verizon, and AT&T. For the past couple of years, I have used the Moto X phones. Nice phones, and Motorla is known for great radios in their phones. I wanted a great camera, and went with the LG this time, and it is as good at grabbing a signal as the motorola phones. Samsung phones have a reputation for having weaker radios.
Here is a interesting review showing how weak the Galaxy 6's are.Best for LTE: Galaxy S6, Huawei P8, LG G4 - AndroidAuthority

Aflaaaak

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
I have Verizon and went from a decent Samsung flip phone to the G4. An area near my house in S.F. was always dead for the Samsung, but the G4 never drops a call. Inside my house, it could be better though.

The real surprise was in remote areas. We have a cabin in the Stanislaus National Forest, 17 miles from town. I was very curious to see how well the G4 did in such a remote area. Not only did I get service 200 yards closer to the cabin than with the Samsung, I was actually able to pull in the 3G network. Can't tell you what speed because I didn't really test it, but the Samsung couldn't get VoiceMail until I get all the way to town because it couldn't access the basic network well enough. I was very impressed with the G4's radio (again, on Verizon), but comparing it to a Samsung flip, I didn't think it would do as well for regular voice calls, let alone pull in the G3 network as well.

Almighty1

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I have Verizon and went from a decent Samsung flip phone to the G4. An area near my house in S.F. was always dead for the Samsung, but the G4 never drops a call. Inside my house, it could be better though.

The real surprise was in remote areas. We have a cabin in the Stanislaus National Forest, 17 miles from town. I was very curious to see how well the G4 did in such a remote area. Not only did I get service 200 yards closer to the cabin than with the Samsung, I was actually able to pull in the 3G network. Can't tell you what speed because I didn't really test it, but the Samsung couldn't get VoiceMail until I get all the way to town because it couldn't access the basic network well enough. I was very impressed with the G4's radio (again, on Verizon), but comparing it to a Samsung flip, I didn't think it would do as well for regular voice calls, let alone pull in the G3 network as well.

Is S.F. = San Francisco? If so, what neighborhood? Just curious but what version is your current Verizon PRL on the G4?

Bruce39

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
It's in settings, about phone, status
My PRL Version is 15414 - stands for "Preferred Roaming List"
Google "Verizon PRL" and you will find out more info than you would ever want to know and/or need

Aflaaaak

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
It's in settings, about phone, status
My PRL Version is 15414 - stands for "Preferred Roaming List"
Google "Verizon PRL" and you will find out more info than you would ever want to know and/or need

My PRL is 15428. The guy from Verizon helping me couldn't find it ;-). I used to update my Samsung flip phone occasionally, but does it help to update the G4 on occasion, or do smartphones auto-update?

Bruce39

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
Until today I had never heard of PRL. Just googled & found a link to Verizon about PRL updates. Here is the link -http://www.verizon.com/support/preferred-roaming-list-update-faqs/

Aflaaaak

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
Until today I had never heard of PRL. Just googled & found a link to Verizon about PRL updates. Here is the link -http://www.verizon.com/support/preferred-roaming-list-update-faqs/

Thanks Bruce,
the answer was right there, where I didn't read ;).
"By performing this update your phone will have the best possible service with us. For 4G devices, you don't need to do anything to update the Preferred Roaming List."
I take it you're in S.F.?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante