For those rooted, what system directory is Superuser.apk in?

Almighty1

May 19, 2011
Visit site
For those rooted with a stock rom using the root injection method, what directory is Superuser.apk in? I installed SuperSU v2.52 from the original v2.46 but the install to /system isn't working so my SuperSU is in /data/app instead. I'm trying to find out where it was before so I can manually move it there. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Almighty1

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm running a rooted ROM (UltraPop on Sprint) and its in /system/app.

Thanks, wonder is that where it's placed in the stock rooted rom as I noticed the stock apps are all in /system/app/<app name folder>/app.apk or in /system/priv-app/<app name folder>/app.apk

Almighty1

May 19, 2011
Visit site
It's actually /system/apps/SuperSU/SuperSU.apk (owner: root/group: root rw-r--r--). Problem is it had the SuperSU icon while it was in /data/apps as base.apk but lost the icon when it's renamed as it now has the green android icon, anyway to restore the default icon?

Almighty1

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I tried to flash the SuperSU v2.52 zip file with flashfire and it did restore /system/apps/SuperSU/SuperSU.apk with the correct icon except the problem is I noticed with Android 5.1 lollipop, you just can't replace a .apk in /system/app by moving it from /data/app as it will not even show up in the launcher. Not sure if this is a Lollipop thing or a LG thing as on previous Motorola phones running 4.4 Kitkat and below, replacing the .apk will usually work. I've cleared the app cache, deleted the files in /data/dalvik-cache/arm, /data/dalvik-cache/arm64 and /data/dalvik-cache/profiles without deleting the folders as I don't know if it's safe deleting the folders and also clearing the system /cache to see if it makes a difference. Didn't work.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SandiR