Any Tempered Glass Screen Protectors That Completely Cover The Screen?

stet

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Are there any tempered glass screen protectors for the G4 that actually completely the screen edge to edge (not counting cutouts for the speaker, sensor, and camera)? Most that I've seen or tried fall short of reaching the edge by up to 1mm all the way around.

momo662

Banned
Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
I just picked up a Pleson and it's pretty darn close to the edge. I can't see it getting any closer that it would make a difference.

djlee0314

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

momo662

Banned
Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
I saw that one too ^^^ but I didn't like the way they just cut a chunk out on top. Pleson is specific cut.
Just my OCD kickin in :)
71ct+gToiML._SX425_.jpg

momo662

Banned
Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Does it affect the proximity sensor as I can't see a cutout for it?

Posted via the Android Central App

Not at all - it is right next to the speaker and it is cut out - also next to that is camera lens cut out hole. The only thing not cut out is LED notification light.

Dutch R

Aug 29, 2015
Visit site
I just picked up a Pleson and it's pretty darn close to the edge. I can't see it getting any closer that it would make a difference.

The Pleson is the first tempered glass screen protector that I have been totally satisfied with. Super easy install...it is very precisely cut. Being a brand loyalist for accessories, I will use Pleson for all of my future phones for which the screen protector is available. I have never tried their cases......

Posted via the Android Central App

momo662

Banned
Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
I'm using the one Verizon sells and it's absolutely perfect. I can't even tell I've got something over the actual screen.

To each his own and I'm sure you are happy with this one but..... there are NO cutouts for the proximity sensor or camera lens??? For $25 it's about what I expect from Verizon :(

MobileNick

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
To each his own and I'm sure you are happy with this one but..... there are NO cutouts for the proximity sensor or camera lens???

How can the proximity sensor still work if it's covered by the protector? I had tried out a screen protector like that and it was useless because every time I made a call, it would think the phone is up to my face and shut off the screen. Only way I was able to get the screen back on was literally pull off the screen protector.

Skooby_Snacks

Nov 11, 2015
Visit site

That looks very close to the one I bought on Amazon. Only difference is that the brand name is "Yootech" and the thickness is slightly different 0.266 mm vs 0.3 mm. Other than that, everything else seems identical (including the cutout holes). Even the brown packaging is the same.

Not sure if it will create that 1 mm gap however. There is a very slight gap on mine but it doesn't bother me in the least.

stet

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I installed my Pleson yesterday and it is really great. Not perfect but much much closer to the edge than others that I've tried including the Yootech (which was also a fingerprint magnet). It went on easily without any bubbles. And yes, it does come in the same exact packaging as the Yootech but it is not the same product.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX