Anyone install a wireless charging patch yet???

momo662

Banned
Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
I'm intrigued but unsure if it's worth it.
I had a phone once before with wireless charging and I really didn't like the way it heats up when charged.
I hear this happens to all, and I can only assume this has to cut the battery's lifespan short by this?? Yes or No??

I guess with the ability to replace the battery that's not to much of an issue. I just try and avoid anything that will kill the life of my phone.
Any opinions??? This is the one I'm thinking of getting
G4_back_case2_large_f5f4c70e-06c9-4263-9b6e-368521ea960d_grande.jpg

rdt595

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I have done this with several backs but I find I'm not using it because it's so darn slow!

LG NitroHD G2 G3 G4

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I had problems with the USB ports on my M8, which could ONLY charge via the port. No removable battery, and can't wireless change. After that experience, I wouldn't blame anyone for wireless charging to save wear and tear on the port. If it wasn't so expensive to get everything for it, I'd jump on it and accept the slower charge rate. Going to add a Note 5 to the account and I think there's some offers floating around for a free wireless charging setup with it. If we get that, then I'll look into it for the G4.

jaytee

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
I added the wireless charging antenna. It was quick and easy. I use it to charge overnight. Charging during the day, if needed, is usually away from home, where the Qi charger is, so charging asked isn't an issue. I found it well worth the tiny amount of work and small expense.

Posted via the Android Central App

cybersud

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I also added one of those wireless pads into my leather back. It is a nice little feature to have. It isn't as fast as other charging methods, but I leave my charging pad on my work desk and just plop by phone on it between calls. It nicely nudges the battery power back up toward full. Not my primary charger, but as was said above, worth it for the small amount of work and expense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton