Can I use a Vanillia G3 wall charger on my G4?

NightOrchid

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Can I use a Vanillia G3 wall charger on my G4

The title says it all really:

I just bought a new pre-owned BNIB G4, but it doesnt come with the vanilla wall charger in the box, however I have my G3 vanilla charger..

Does the G3 and G4 use the same charger or will the G4 charge slower using the G3 charge brick.

Thanks

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Can I use a Vanillia G3 wall charger on my G4

Should be the same thing. As long as it's microUSB and it outputs at least 1A, you can use any charger, really. I think the one with the G4 was 2A, so if yours is lower than that it might take longer to charge, but it'll still do it.

momo662

Banned
Nov 11, 2014
Visit site

Here are the numbers for the G4 charger:
INPUT 100-240V
OUTPUT 5.0V - 1.8A

It will work but why not just pick up a Quick Charger 2.0 - they are relatively cheap

NightOrchid

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site

Here are the numbers for the G4 charger:
INPUT 100-240V
OUTPUT 5.0V - 1.8A

It will work but why not just pick up a Quick Charger 2.0 - they are relatively cheap

The G3 charger is 1.8A as well, but I see your point and will pick up a fast charger.. pretty cheap off eBay.

Does anyone recommend a good quality one?

Thanks

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site

I have an Aukey brand quick charge 2.0 car charger. The ports loosened up on it fairly quick and the USB cable wouldn't make good connections. While I'm on the fence about them as a brand, the warranty process was quick and painless. I'm waiting on the replacement to get here now.

I've read that the G4 will only make use of the QC2.0 speeds with the screen off. I noticed something like that, but that's also about when the charger started going bad. So I'm not sure if that claim is true or not. I also read a report that LG claimed that while it is compatible with QC2.0, they hadn't fully tested it when it was released and so didn't want to advertise that in case something went fubar.

We'll see what happens with my replacement charger. If the max rates I saw when quick charging my old one were correct, it actually doesn't charge much faster than the OEM. So take that for what it's worth. When the new one comes in, I'll try to remember to post my results here.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae