[PSA] Sudden death issue reported on some units

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
So, I woke up to quite a shocker today.

On reddit, some G4 users have reported their phones dying out of nowhere and these units cannot be turned back on, rendering it nothing more than a sleek, curved paperweight.

This mainly affects US carrier-branded units, though other units are affected, like the unlocked H815 and the dual-SIM H818. Seems to affect batches made before September.

I doubt it will happen to many G4s owned by the Android Central community, but just to be safe, back up all your data using LG Backup and Google Cloud backup as well. Google Photos is also a good idea. (You should be doing backups regularly anyway)

If it does happen, LG should replace your device within 24 hours without much fuss and without leaving you penniless.

Link: https://www.reddit.com/r/lgg4/comments/3wir18/psa_if_you_purchased_a_g4_before_october_it_may/

Again, don't be too paranoid about this, but just be prepared in case it happens. Better be safe than sorry.

frope01

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Great tip. It happened to me. H810. Luckily I backup with Google and keep all photos on an SD card. No problem getting a replacement.

Shawn_S

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
This happened to me on Thursday. In my case someone had logged into my Google account when it happened. Phone just died on me while I was checking email. Switched out to a old backup to see a Google notification that someone logged into my account the same time my phone dies:( So i changed my password with a helpless feeling that someone just bricked my phone...not a good feeling. There may be a motherboard problem but I think in my case it was something else.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo