LG Music Player and Album Track Disorder

initiateofgol

Dec 18, 2015
Visit site
I am a new LG G4 owner, still recovering from a summer and fall with a Microsoft Lumia 640. I've transferred my small but growing digital classical music library from Windows to the LG Music Player. This music was once an iTunes library. Everything looks, sounds, and plays fine except for at least two albums, whose track listing order has been thrown into disarray. This is problematic for any music genre. For a classical symphony album it destroys the proper order of the movements and renders what is meant to be one piece totally pointless. Might anyone know whether there is a way to restore the track order on these impacted albums, within the LG Music Player, even if its a manual solution? Many thanks from a new LG and Android convert.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! From what I recall, the metadata (i.e., the embedded info like track #) on iTunes music files doesn't translate well to Android. The simple solution would be to rename the tracks, adding a track number (or movement number) to the beginning of the track title. So for example, if the first track is "Allegro," then rename it "01 Allegro."

If you upload your entire music library from your computer to your Google Play Music library in the cloud, Google can usually figure out the correct metadata and organize everything correctly in the cloud. https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/1075570?hl=en

initiateofgol

Dec 18, 2015
Visit site
Thank you for your help. I will establish a Google Play Music Library and attempt cloud re-ordering. I should have my library backed up in cloud storage.

Posted via the Android Central App